 Pirates / 2002
Re: Puerto Bonita
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Fri, 1 Jun 2001 23:22:14 GMT

Elena is my favorite - the ruffled skirt, the white gloves... ah.  How did
you make her scarf?  I'd like to see some "portraits" of the citizens.

Wow, thanks for the compliment! The scarf came about as kind of an accident.
I was looking for a way to make some "respectable" ladies for the town (lego
seems to think one wench, who I happen to adore in all of her disrepute, is
enough woman for the entire carribbean) so I used the torso piece from the
paradisa bathing suit.  It is however backless, and while I happen to
appreciate that type of dress, wasn't the idea I was going for.  I was
looking for a way to cover the back, and the red castle cape came to mind.
The collared effect it added to the front was a stroke of pure luck, and she
has become my favorite female minifig!
Thanks again Heather!  Jon Furman