 Pirates / 1990
Subject:
Puerto Bonita
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Thu, 31 May 2001 02:04:28 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Hi all,
This is my first attempt at a large scale pirate creation.  I call it Puerto
Bonita.  It is a Spanish port city in the Carribbean.  I used up just about
every white and yellow brick I own to build it.  It would be bigger, except
Frank Filz always outbids me at the last second whenever I try to get more
yellow!
The city has a main plaza, a public market, a statehouse, and a residential
section.  I didn't build the fortress out of White and yellow like the
standard fortresses, because I can't see a fortress made of red brick and
plaster holding up under heavy bombardment.  Plus, the pirates of the
carribbean fort (and we all know how accurate that ride is) is grey stone as
well.  LMKWYT!  Jon

Re: Puerto Bonita
Very nice!... You should call the State House: La Governacion.

J.-

Re: Puerto Bonita
This is my first attempt at a large scale pirate creation.  I call it Puerto
Bonita.  It is a Spanish port city in the Carribbean.  I used up just about
every white and yellow brick I own to build it.  It would be bigger, except
Frank Filz always outbids me at the last second whenever I try to get more
yellow!
The city has a main plaza, a public market, a statehouse, and a residential
section.  I didn't build the fortress out of White and yellow like the
standard fortresses, because I can't see a fortress made of red brick and
plaster holding up under heavy bombardment.  Plus, the pirates of the
carribbean fort (and we all know how accurate that ride is) is grey stone as
well.  LMKWYT!  Jon

Jon -

That is very cool!  I love the market and the items you've got hanging.

The Mariachi band is great. And the fort looks fine in grey, but we need
more pics of it. :)

I like the paved walkway as well.

And here I thought you just did Western. ;) Great stuff all the way around, man!

Joel J

Re: Puerto Bonita
  Very Nice!  I like the looks of it!  You captured a nice Spanish feel to
it.  It's a good inspiration for the pirate island I'm working on.  Keep up
the nice work!  Also, some more pics would be nice!  Especially of the state
house and the fort.
Tom
In lugnet.pirates, Jon Furman writes:
Hi all,
This is my first attempt at a large scale pirate creation.  I call it Puerto
Bonita.  It is a Spanish port city in the Carribbean. • I used up just about
every white and yellow brick I own to build it.  It would be bigger, except
Frank Filz always outbids me at the last second whenever I try to get more
yellow!
The city has a main plaza, a public market, a statehouse, and a residential
section.  I didn't build the fortress out of White and yellow like the
standard fortresses, because I can't see a fortress made of red brick and
plaster holding up under heavy bombardment.  Plus, the pirates of the
carribbean fort (and we all know how accurate that ride is) is grey stone as
well.  LMKWYT!  Jon

Re: Puerto Bonita
That's the best realized spanish colonial town I've seen.  I love the
creeping vines wrapped around columns, the grey tiled patios and the hanging
elements.

Where's Zorro?  :-)

Bruce

Oh, I believe brick fortresses stood up better to cannon balls.  Gave
without going all to pieces.

[...]

That's a great town, Jon. Any chance of posting a street plan or way
overhead shot, so I can see how it all goes together?

Are you going to add a port section to, some docks, some ships. a warehouse?

Thanks,

George

Re: Puerto Bonita