 Pirates / 1898
1897  |  1899
Subject:
Cubism and Piracy
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Fri, 11 May 2001 16:19:02 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Tony Priestman writes:
On Thu, 10 May 2001, Greg Howell (<GD58xw.GqH@lugnet.com>) wrote at
23:51:32
I am really impressed by the detail and effort put into this ship. I am
surprised that you are going to tear it down and build a bigger better one,
but I can only believe that it will be astounding!
As far as this one goes it's a testament to the Lego ship buildiers art.

Thanks. I'll take more pictures as I take it apart, as there are bits
that are 'built in' & not normally visible.

   ...thus my renaming of this thread.  Maybe as you're taking it
   apart, you can create a "cubist ship" that is at once inside and
   outside, top and bottom, pirate and Imperial...

The whole thing is a bit of a compromise, but I've learned a lot from
the exercise :-)

   Absolutely--so have I!  Especially as regards judicious use of
   red and black with brown and white.  Expect to see some of your
   inspiration in my rebuild of _Gloire_.

   best

   Lindsay