 Pirates / 1890
Re: HMS Floater
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Thu, 10 May 2001 18:29:03 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Bruce Schlickbernd writes:
In lugnet.pirates, George Haberberger writes:

I feel sorry for any pirate that tries to mess with that.

Arrrrr, t'will be a pyrate ship soon enuf, matey.  Now 'scuse me whilst me
an' a few o' the lads start a-rollin' cannon balls across the deck.

Mutiny, mutiny,
is our cry,
M - U - T - I - N - Y!

Anonymous Impressed Fo'c'sle Deckhand Soon To Be The Dread Pirate Roberts

   Having seen HMS Flesher in the float...er, HMS Floater in the
   flesh, it's truly impressive.  The stern gallery detail is just
   magnificent, and though I didn't get the chance to see it with
   the rig up, I can imagine how little justice the .jpgs do it.
   (I did see the masts, but they were lying down, Forest Fresh...)

   One of the coolest innovations, IMHO, is the gunports.  It
   started out as a second-choice solution, and ended up looking
   *far* better than using 2x2 flags.  It just feels "heavy", and
   all those cannon really are on wheels.

   Hey, are you still going to fiddle with replacing those hull
   pieces at front and rear before you send 'er to the breakers'?

   best

   LFB