 Pirates / 1892
Re: HMS Floater
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Thu, 10 May 2001 17:54:02 GMT

On Thu, 10 May 2001, George Haberberger (<GD4I3M.Fyw@lugnet.com>) wrote
at 14:11:46

Wow, that is a big ship, how many cannons does it carry? I feel sorry for
any pirate that tries to mess with that.

I'd love to a more detailed model with interior shots, too.

While I actually possess the full complement of 64 cannon, the only ones
currently on board are those that are visible, which is about 50. I've
just received my UKS@H orders, so I can now do a full complement of
guns, all with brown wheels & carriages. Yes! :-)

There's not much to see inside, I'm afraid, as I was in a hurry to
finish it, and I decided quite a long time ago that this one isn't good
enough, so I didn't want to put huge amounts of effort into it.

While she was designed so that you could take each deck off to look
inside, it all gets very tricky once the rigging is added. In fact, I
have to partially disassemble the forward bulwarks, because I built over
the joint by mistake :-)

--
Tony Priestman