 Pirates / 1545
Re: 6285 vs. 6286....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Sat, 6 Jan 2001 07:51:55 GMT

Frank Filz wrote:

Jonathan Castellino wrote:

Hi, it's Jono.....

    I've been noticing that there has been NO even RELATIVELY interesting
talk here!!!!! ...lol......anyhow, I figured I'd start something up: Which
set do you think is better, the 6285 BSB, or the 6286 SES?? Give reasons why.

Short answer: read down to my thoughts on ships on this page:

http://www.mindspring.com/~ffilz/Lego/pirate-ships.html

which was derived from this post:

http://news.lugnet.com/pirates/?n=310

Other reasons why I rate 6285 higher:

- more subdued color scheme (says the creator of the HMS Bugsplat - a
green and yellow ship -
http://www.mindspring.com/~ffilz/Lego/pirate-creations.html )
- the closest to correct fitting of the support structure for the
ratlines (see the comments on my Red Seas Barracuda on the page above)
- has some deck running down the side above the gun deck
- has the best after cabin design, with a brilliant elaborate patterning

I have to admit they're very close, but the 6285 definitely nudges out
the 6286.

Frank
Here here. The BSB is far better than the SES.

Then again, considering that I used to own a BSB and I cant remember
ever seeing a SES except as pictures online that might affect my
judgement :)