 Pirates / 310
Re: What is the best pirate ship?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Wed, 5 Jan 2000 13:46:35 GMT

Jonathan Wilson wrote:
The order from best to worst is then:
6285 black seas baracuda
6274 caribbian clipper
6286 skulls eye schooner
6271 imperial flagship
6289 red beard runner tied with 6280 armada flagship in last place

I'd agree with BSB first, but I'd put CC below SES (CC has a single set
of ratlines/stays going down to the center of the deck, rather than a
pair going down to the hull.

My order would be:

6285 Black Seas Barracuda
6286 Skull's Eye Schooner
6271 Imperial Flagship
6280 Armada Flagship
6274 Carribean Clipper
6268 Renegade Runner
6289 Red Beard Runner
6493 Flying Time Vessel
6250 Cross Bone Clipper

6285 and 6286 are the only two ships which the ratlines/stays really
attach to the hull correctly. 6271 and 6280 at least get credit for
having the ratlines/stays looking halfway reasonable. These ships are
also nice examples of a medium/small ship. 6274 would be #3 if it had
proper ratlines/stays. 6268 is an ok small ship, but does need some
work. 6289 has too many bizarre action features, and ratlines/stays
which attach way to high up, or not at all (the foremast ratlines/stays
don't attach to allow the mast to fall over). I rate 6493 Flying Time
Vessel above 6250 because it at least has ratlines/stays and has a neat
bow/figurehead arrangement. 6250 is a narrow bow and stern with a mast
and a few bricks stuck on top.

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com