 Pirates / 1547
Re: 6285 vs. 6286....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Sat, 6 Jan 2001 13:52:57 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Jonathan Castellino writes:
Hi, it's Jono.....

   I've been noticing that there has been NO even RELATIVELY interesting
talk here!!!!! ...lol......anyhow, I figured I'd start something up: Which
set do you think is better, the 6285 BSB, or the 6286 SES?? Give reasons why.

                                                         Jono
I'm afraid my favorite is the SES!  But it depends on how you are looking at
it.  Built to the instructions, I would take the SES over the BSB anyday!
But if you are looking for parts, then I would take the BSB over the SES!
Reason being is that the hull is all brown and the sails are nondiscript.
That enables you to use them in a variety of ships designs.
It's a close call!  But I just prefer the design, colors, and overall look
of the SES in comparison to the BSB.  It also has a better selection of
minifigs (with both the female and the rare white shirted/brown vested guy)!
It can fire 4 cannon broadside to the 2 on the BSB!  It has more sails
including the large sail.  It has the rare yellow lattice windows instead of
the more common white.  And it has a better masthead figure then the BSB!  I
even like the small cannon mounted aft (giving it actually 5 cannon that can
shoot from one side at one time).  My main dislike to the SES is the green
2x2 flag pieces that cover the cannon ports.  Red, black, or white would
have been better!
and that's my two cents worth!
Tom