 Pirates / 1448
Re: Mercenaries and minifig weapons...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.build.minifigs, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Mon, 27 Nov 2000 16:39:44 GMT

In lugnet.build.minifigs, Kyle Peterson writes:
I have to second the motion that set 6706 is the set those particular heads
come in. I purchased a slew of them at Kohls for $2@ awhile back. As a
result I have many many of those style minifig heads.

I would have to respectfully disagree = )

I exumed my Wild West figures from my storage closet and compared the 6706
soldier and my "Red" Fox mercenary.

The soldier from 6706 has a brownish red print while my mercenary fig has a
brighter red-orange visage...

let me see if I can throw a comparative jpeg on my webpage.

                       John

You might try 6706, hard to see on the picture but I'm pretty sure one of
the soldiers has that head:

http://guide.lugnet.com/set/6706

In Vic, I've seen stacks of these both in TW stores, and also at GB's. I
guess that they could be absent from Sydney, but frankly that'd be really
weird. Anyway, I think it's worth keeping an eye out for them. If worst
comes to worst, I could send up a couple.