 Local / Australia / 3684
Re: Possible savings at Target ('ta-zhay) (was Re: Mercenaries and minifig weapons...)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.org.au
Date:
Wed, 29 Nov 2000 12:37:40 GMT

I noticed that one while scrutinising Brickshelf. The other characters • would
be one offs for me and there are a few cute parts (brown saddle, bush • base,
flag, bugle, hats). Let us know if someone spots it on special.

(Possible) special spotted by yours truly. Mosied on down to Target today,
vaguely remembering that a couple of these were floating around a few • months
ago. They were still there, except that one of them had been horsectomised
by some thieving brat. But this suited me fine, since the horse was • exactly
the one piece I didn't want. So I was expecting maybe a few dollars of the
RRP of $12-15. A combination of some polite inquiries and a disgruntled
checkout chap resulted in a 30% discount, which I thought was alright.
Except that the price turned out to be $7 (-30% = $4.90 = happy boy). They
were closing, and I didn't have time to see if this was a more general
discount or just on this set, but it might be worth checking out. And he
said unto them "Go forth and save $$$".

Target in Melbourne (City store) had about a dozen or so of the 6706 sets
for $7, tons of 5900 Adventurers for $1.70 and all their slizers for $5
each.

Martin