 Local / Australia / 3668
Re: Mercenaries and minifig weapons...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Mon, 27 Nov 2000 12:54:46 GMT

In lugnet.build.minifigs, Paul Baulch writes:
Anyone know where else I might find him (or any other redbearded fellow who
might realistically play Odysseus)?

You might try 6706, hard to see on the picture but I'm pretty sure one of
the soldiers has that head:

http://guide.lugnet.com/set/6706

In Vic, I've seen stacks of these both in TW stores, and also at GB's. I
guess that they could be absent from Sydney, but frankly that'd be really
weird. Anyway, I think it's worth keeping an eye out for them. If worst
comes to worst, I could send up a couple.

I noticed that one while scrutinising Brickshelf. The other characters would
be one offs for me and there are a few cute parts (brown saddle, bush base,
flag, bugle, hats). The set's pretty thin on the ground up here, and frankly
it's because we buy more Lego ;^). Let us know if someone spots it on special.

--DaveL

PS Poor John!! His post on hardcore space dudes with superscary weapons has
turned into my head-hunting... oh well.