 Parts / 387
Re: How do -you- clean your LEGO parts?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.parts
Date:
Thu, 21 Feb 2008 22:34:24 GMT

Jordan Bradford wrote:
I've tried the warm soapy water and toothbrush method and the
swish-around-in-a-bathtub method, but they're both time-consuming and hard to do
with small pieces. It seems to me that using a washing machine or a dishwasher
could work, but I've never tried it due to scratches the parts could acquire and
potential heat issues.

I use washing machine. I pre-sort the parts, plates longer than 8 go
out, anything printed/glass/stickered/electric goes out, and also the
things from softer plastic should go (trees, clips etc.). Then I put it
in cloth bag (old pillow), carefully knot and then I add very little
amount of powder, low temp (30C) and I use short program with moderate
speed and no [missing word - de-waterification] at the end.

The bricks are clean, shiny and they dry very fast.

On the other hand the sound is terrible ;)

Jindroush