 Organizations / United States / TEXLUG / 445
444  |  446
Subject:
It's autumn at Halcyon Castle
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.org.us.texlug
Date:
Thu, 11 Mar 2004 23:42:24 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

It’s fall now in Ikros. The leaves are turning and the fields are being reaped. Queen Alyia has just overseen final construction of the new castle at Lake Halcyon. During her father Ulmerad’s rule over Ikros, the original Halcyon Castle was destroyed in a great battle between the Ikrosian forces and those of the Necromancer Ethelred. The nearby village of Halcyon Lake and the surrounded farmland have remained unguarded ever since. But now, through her public works projects, Halcyon Castle has been rebuilt, bigger and better than ever.

The castle sits in Lake Halcyon on a large man made rock hill, built over the original Halcyon Castle foundation. The Castle once again serves its purpose as the Royal Family’s summer home, and though it does not share all the comforts of Illana Castle in Ikros’ Capital, it is still a grand fortress with all the necessities.

Teaser picture:

Post mod Main Gallery can be found HERE.

Post mod Castle Detail Gallery can be found HERE.
Post mod Courtyard Gallery can be found HERE.
Post mod Village Detail Gallery can be found HERE.

Halycon Castle features:

1. Gatehouse: with Portcullis and four archer loops in the causeway and those little holes that you pour oil through above it.
2. A total of 22 archer loops throughout the castle itself.
3. A Royal bedchamber with fireplace and privey.
4. A guest room with fireplace.
5. A great hall with large fireplace.
6. Jail cell on third floor in the tower in the keep.
7. An Oubliette opening on the second floor of the keep (It’s a shaft with a trap door you throw people down and forget about them, the word is modified french for ‘to forget’)
8. A wine cellar with trellice and barrel stack, the cellar is two bricks lower than the other parts of the first floor.
9. A rear entrance to the keep from the outside, guarded by another port cullis, leading to a boat dock.
10. a Forestair
11. Every location on the castle is accessible by stairs or ladder.
12. The castle is fully modular. The curtain walls are only attached to the towers by the flared tower bases and the baseplates they sit on. The towers and keep have been built upon baseplates, which all sit upon a tile/brick support structure inside the hill. The hill comes apart in it’s 4 48x48 large grey baseplate components, none of which are permanently connected together.

Halcyon Castle’s Courtyard features:
1. Stable
2. Barracks with
3. Kitchen
4. Smokehouse
5. Rose Arbor
6. Well

Halcyon Village features:
1. Gustav’s Post Mill
2. Blacksmith
3. Wheelwright
4. Baker
5. Milkmaid and Jersey Cow (with barn accessory)
6. Beekeeper and Beehives
7. Wheat harvest with scythes
8. Vineyard
9. Well
10. Modular terrain

This is bar none my best Castle MOC I’ve ever created (I count Formeathan 2.0 as a Fantasy MOC). I am extremely proud of the final product. Pictures do not do it justice.

I have had a lot of help with this creation. Whether it be through inspiration or direct comments, I thank everyone invovled, but especially my fiancee’ Christina, who not only put up with me through this whole thing, but also built parts of it as well (including furnishing all the furnished buildings)!

Enjoy, and LMKWYT!

--Anthony (and Christina)