 Castle / 19534
Re: It's autumn at Halcyon Castle
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sun, 21 Mar 2004 18:31:26 GMT

In lugnet.castle, George Haberberger wrote:
   In lugnet.castle, Anthony Sava wrote:
   It’s fall now in Ikros. The leaves are turning and the fields are being reaped. Queen Alyia has just overseen final construction of the new castle at Lake Halcyon. During her father Ulmerad’s rule over Ikros, the original Halcyon Castle was destroyed in a great battle between the Ikrosian forces and those of the Necromancer Ethelred. The nearby village of Halcyon Lake and the surrounded farmland have remained unguarded ever since. But now, through her public works projects, Halcyon Castle has been rebuilt, bigger and better than ever.

The castle sits in Lake Halcyon on a large man made rock hill, built over the original Halcyon Castle foundation. The Castle once again serves its purpose as the Royal Family’s summer home, and though it does not share all the comforts of Illana Castle in Ikros’ Capital, it is still a grand fortress with all the necessities.

Teaser picture:

Post mod Main Gallery can be found HERE.

Anthony,

Wonderful as usual, it pains me that I can’t see this in person and spend a few hours really appreciating the details.

An Aggie, huh? I was just in Houston, and a friend was talking about the Aggie Mafia and how it helps.

Thanks,

George

Thanks much! Yeah, I know what you mean, a lot of people who have seen it in person now have commented on how they have to sit and stare at it to catch all that’s going on. I suppose that’s the double edged sword in making details.

Yup, Texas A&M Graduate, two years out and still unemployed (no paying job, anyway). If you can make it out to San Antonio, Halcyon will be there at the TexLUG meeting next weekend.

Thanks for the reply!

--Anthony