 Castle / 19495
  It's autumn at Halcyon Castle

It's fall now in Ikros. The leaves are turning and the fields are being reaped. Queen Alyia has just overseen final construction of the new castle at Lake Halcyon. During her father Ulmerad's rule over Ikros, the original Halcyon Castle was (...) (20 years ago, 11-Mar-04, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.org.us.texlug, FTX) !!

  Re: It's autumn at Halcyon Castle

(...) That is an amazing MOC. The castle is amazing, the village is amazing, it's all amazing. Well done. I really enjoyed looking at all the pictures. I really like how you did the terrain too. Lots of wonderful MOC's in the village, and lots of (...) (20 years ago, 12-Mar-04, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: It's autumn at Halcyon Castle

(...) Anthony, Wonderful as usual, it pains me that I can't see this in person and spend a few hours really appreciating the details. An Aggie, huh? I was just in Houston, and a friend was talking about the Aggie Mafia and how it helps. Thanks, (...) (20 years ago, 12-Mar-04, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: It's autumn at Halcyon Castle

Snippage (...) Wow. Fantastic detail. I love that the buildings are set at different angles and I love the "chicks" :0). The stable in particular caught my attention. Very nice. All in all a great build!! Mike (20 years ago, 12-Mar-04, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: It's autumn at Halcyon Castle

In lugnet.castle, Anthony Sava wrote: (URL) Really nice work Anthony! Such an elegant idea, I'm surprised no one has done it before. Really nice execution. Attn LEGO: look what you can do with regular old bricks. Kids would love it (and parents (...) (20 years ago, 14-Mar-04, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: It's autumn at Halcyon Castle

Well done Anthony and Christina. This design is truly overwhelming. There are too many details to mention them all, so I'll just say that those autumn trees are wonderful, and the rest of the design is in keeping with them. I especially like your (...) (20 years ago, 17-Mar-04, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: It's autumn at Halcyon Castle

(...) Thanks much! I'm glad to hear you like it. I really poured my heart into this MOC. Unlike previous times when I've cut back on detail to save on bricks, I went as far as my collection would take me. Too bad it's taken me this long to decide to (...) (20 years ago, 21-Mar-04, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: It's autumn at Halcyon Castle

(...) Thanks much! Yeah, I know what you mean, a lot of people who have seen it in person now have commented on how they have to sit and stare at it to catch all that's going on. I suppose that's the double edged sword in making details. Yup, Texas (...) (20 years ago, 21-Mar-04, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: It's autumn at Halcyon Castle

(...) Thanks much! I'm glad you liked it. I have to thank Manfred for the offest angled buildings. He was the one who suggested it to me in my village of Dahyart. The chicks were actually kind of a joke, but they turned out pretty good so they (...) (20 years ago, 21-Mar-04, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: It's autumn at Halcyon Castle

(...) Thanks much! To what are you referring, the autumnal trees? I was pretty surprised that no one had done them before when I posted my foliage article. I was fully expecting someone to reply and say "Yeah, that's been done, here's a link". Of (...) (20 years ago, 21-Mar-04, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: It's autumn at Halcyon Castle

(...) Thanks much! I really like my trees, too. They really add a lot of color to the display. (...) Christina likes to tease me about my oubliette, and I know it really should be on the bottom floor, or even below it in a dungeon. But with me (...) (20 years ago, 21-Mar-04, to lugnet.castle, FTX)