 Organizations / United States / DixieLUG / 70
Re: News article about AFOL (from RTL)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.dixielug
Date:
Tue, 25 Apr 2000 14:09:25 GMT

Jeff Stembel wrote in message ...
In lugnet.org.us.dixielug, James J. Trobaugh writes:

Jeff Stembel wrote:

  However, Maryland does not consider itself "Dixie",
nor does Virginia, AFAIK.

Virginia is part of "Dixie" while West Virginia is not. thus the reason • for
the division of Virginia.

True, but I don't think *they* consider themselves part of Dixie.  :)

Jeff

LOL, I think the term "Dixie" is kind of watered down now days any ways. I
think the city of Atlanta almost doesn't consider itself part of "Dixie",
while the rest of Georgia is. I think many people still think that if one
says they live in "Dixie" that they must drive a big orange car with welded
doors, numbers on the side, rebel flags on the roof and a horn that plays
"Dixie" and still drive on dirt roads. But of course if that meant all the
women wore those cut off "Daisy Duke" shorts, then sign me up!

Basically DixieLUG is for people who live in the southeastern region of the
country. The past two meetings have been in Macon Georgia, thus making it a
fair distance for people from Alabama, Tenn, SC, FL and even Atlanta. It
would probably be a little much for people to be expected to attend from as
far away as Arkansas, Mississippi and Virginia but I'm sure they'd all be
welcomed if they wanted to participate.

Just my opinion, I'm sure some of the founding DixieLUG members might have
some different ideas.

jt