 General / 17525

Subject:
News article about AFOL (from RTL)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 22 Apr 2000 04:13:48 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

(From RTL poster)

There was an interesting article in my local newspaper today in regards
to adult Lego collectors. Read it here:

http://www.ocregister.com/living/lego00421cci1.shtml

--
John Hughes

Re: News article about AFOL (from RTL)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 22 Apr 2000 16:16:48 GMT

In lugnet.general, Ka-On Lee writes:
(From RTL poster)
There was an interesting article in my local newspaper today in regards
to adult Lego collectors. Read it here:
http://www.ocregister.com/living/lego00421cci1.shtml
John Hughes

Great article!  Few, if any, negative connotations toward adult builders.  Are
any of the people mentioned on LUGNET?  It's unfortunate that, while mentioning
the online community of LEGO fans, the author didn't give any pointers to
specific URLs...
--Bram

In lugnet.general, Bram Lambrecht writes:
In lugnet.general, Ka-On Lee writes:
(From RTL poster)
There was an interesting article in my local newspaper today in regards
to adult Lego collectors. Read it here:
http://www.ocregister.com/living/lego00421cci1.shtml
John Hughes

Great article!  Few, if any, negative connotations toward adult builders.  Are
any of the people mentioned on LUGNET?
Henry Lim posts here.
Alan

Re: News article about AFOL (from RTL)
In lugnet.general, Bram Lambrecht writes:
Great article!  Few, if any, negative connotations toward adult builders.

I agree! It's great!

Are
any of the people mentioned on LUGNET?

Henry Lim is definitely around. Henry, the club they mentioned-- is that in
ref to DixieLUG? And those two people are Eric H. and Craigo, aren't they?

It's unfortunate that, while mentioning
the online community of LEGO fans, the author didn't give any pointers to
specific URLs...

Yeah, I thought so too. LUGNET isn't mentioned at all. :-|

-Shiri

Re: News article about AFOL (from RTL)