 Organizations / SciBrick / 12
Re: Announcing: SCIBRICK
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.scibrick
Date:
Wed, 10 Sep 2003 04:42:08 GMT

In lugnet.org.scibrick, Trevor Pruden wrote:
   In lugnet.org.scibrick, Jason Spears wrote:
   In lugnet.announce, Mark Sandlin wrote:
   Our mission is to support the fun of LEGO® building in the science fiction genre
and publicly display LEGO® models created by adult fans in that genre.

Is the plan for this org to be like ILTCO, where clubs are a part of it, or more like individual members join it, or is it just a Texas thing(2)? If MichLUG was doing a Comic-Con (3), where they were planning a space display, would SCIBRICK be interested in getting mentioned? Like “We are MichLUG, but we are also a member of SCIBRICK?” (4)

-J

This is interesting to me too. I assume that a forum like this will be used to organize moonbase events like NWBrickcon.

Actually, moonbase events would be covered by LUGNET in Events and/or Space. This particular board will be the discussion point for SCIBRICK’s involvement in events, whether it be in having a person bring display materials for SCIBRICK or something else.

SCIBRICK will have members from LUGs comprising it, so you could say you have SCIBRICK members in your LUG.

We have already had a few sci-fi conventions with Michlug, with one more planned in October. Should we be advertising them here?

Good question. Send a note to Felix@scibrick.org about that.

Joe Meno

~Trev