 Off-Topic / Debate / 27661
Re: The Brick Testament's entirely unnacceptable intellectual dishonesty
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sat, 4 Mar 2006 23:01:45 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

After continued discussion with others about this matter (not on LUGNET), I’ve decided to add two more illustrations to the Canaanite Dogs story. I now realize that my original version really makes it appear as though Jesus does not heal the woman, when it is plain from the text of Matthew that he does do so.

Creating that false impression was not my intent in ending the story where I originally did. As my previous e-mail stated, my intent was to shift the focus to the racial insult and revelation of a general policy against helping non-Jews. But that shift of focus should not come at the expense of making the story appear to say something other than what it does.

I stand corrected.

-Brendan