 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 3265
    The Brick Testament: The End of the World (and more!) —Brendan Powell Smith
   (URL) The Brick Testament> website has been updated today with seven new illustrated stories from (URL) The Life of Jesus>, two of which are redone versions or previously illustrated stories, and five that are completely new additions: (2 URLs) (...) (18 years ago, 4-Mar-06, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build.ancient, FTX) !!

        Re: The Brick Testament: The End of the World (and more!) —Stephen Bishop
     In lugnet.announce.moc, Brendan Powell Smith wrote: (URL) (...) Again, I think I need to voice my discontent with the liberties you take with the text. Previously the offending portions were arguably consistent and attributable to some form of (...) (18 years ago, 4-Mar-06, to lugnet.build.ancient, FTX)

         Re: The Brick Testament: The End of the World (and more!) —Clark Stephens
      (...) Please take and keep any discussion of the source material for Brendan's Lego work to the off-topic section of Lugnet. The .build area of Lugnet is for discussing Lego building techniques. Thank you, Clark .build curator (18 years ago, 4-Mar-06, to lugnet.build.ancient)

         Re: The Brick Testament's entirely unnacceptable intellectual dishonesty —Brendan Powell Smith
     Hi, Steve. I've moved this over to off-topic.debate since that seemed more appropriate. (...) I am presenting the story of how Jesus insulted a Canaanite woman. I grant that this can also be seen as part of a larger story about how Jesus exorcised (...) (18 years ago, 4-Mar-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

         Re: The Brick Testament's entirely unnacceptable intellectual dishonesty —Brendan Powell Smith
      After continued discussion with others about this matter (not on LUGNET), I've decided to add two more illustrations to the Canaanite Dogs story. I now realize that my original version really makes it appear as though Jesus does not heal the woman, (...) (18 years ago, 4-Mar-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

          Re: The Brick Testament's entirely unnacceptable intellectual dishonesty —Marc Nelson Jr.
      (...) That's very decent of you. Great work as ever, Brendan! Marc Nelson Jr. (URL) Marc's Creations>> (18 years ago, 4-Mar-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

         Re: The Brick Testament's entirely unnacceptable intellectual dishonesty —Bruce Hietbrink
     Hey Brendan, I appreciate the fact that you added the final two illustrations to the Canaanite woman story. I think that it was right to do so, as to leave those out seriously misrepresented the story. While your commentary on how everyone selects (...) (18 years ago, 6-Mar-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

         Re: The Brick Testament's entirely unnacceptable intellectual dishonesty —Brendan Powell Smith
     Hi, Bruce. Thanks for the comments on this matter, too. I will probably redo the Acts story as part of my revamp of the New Testament part of the site, and will add the missing panels there as well. I think it's not just that it would be (...) (18 years ago, 7-Mar-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

         Re: The Brick Testament's entirely unnacceptable intellectual dishonesty —Stephen Bishop
     Just wanted to chime in again and say I appreciate your thoughtful response to my concerns. I also wanted to say I really enjoy your work, even when I don't agree with the commentary and editing decisions. And I look forward to more entries. Thanks, (...) (18 years ago, 13-Mar-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

        Re: The Brick Testament: The End of the World (and more!) —Tommy Armstrong
     (...) You are perhaps the consummate artist in the medium of LEGO. I never fail to find delight in you depictions, despite the fact that I might not quite go along with all your interpretations. I think your book will probably be around until the (...) (18 years ago, 5-Mar-06, to lugnet.build.ancient, FTX)

         Re: The Brick Testament: The End of the World (and more!) —Brendan Powell Smith
     Hi, Tommy. (...) Gosh, thanks. I definitely think there are more impressive builders than me out there, but I guess I take some nice photos and tell a good illustrated story. (...) It pleases me that The Brick Testament has been enjoyed by people (...) (18 years ago, 5-Mar-06, to lugnet.build.ancient, FTX)

        Re: The Brick Testament: The End of the World (and more!) —Bruce Hietbrink
   Hey Brendan, Great to see new installments so soon. Canaanite Dogs - I like the building on the right in the first picture quite a lot. What's the bowl on the left in the second picture, by the way. It's nice to see a little bit of landscaping in (...) (18 years ago, 6-Mar-06, to lugnet.build.ancient, FTX)

        Re: The Brick Testament: The End of the World (and more!) —Brendan Powell Smith
   Hi, Bruce. (...) Yeah, it feels good to be back in the swing of things. I hope to start in on the final installment of the Life of Jesus stories soon and keep this momentum going. (...) The dark gray thing? That's the same ball-joint piece I used as (...) (18 years ago, 6-Mar-06, to lugnet.build.ancient, FTX)