 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 3265
  The Brick Testament: The End of the World (and more!)

(URL) The Brick Testament> website has been updated today with seven new illustrated stories from (URL) The Life of Jesus>, two of which are redone versions or previously illustrated stories, and five that are completely new additions: (2 URLs) (...) (18 years ago, 4-Mar-06, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build.ancient, FTX) !!

  Re: The Brick Testament: The End of the World (and more!)

In lugnet.announce.moc, Brendan Powell Smith wrote: (URL) (...) Again, I think I need to voice my discontent with the liberties you take with the text. Previously the offending portions were arguably consistent and attributable to some form of (...) (18 years ago, 4-Mar-06, to lugnet.build.ancient, FTX)

  Re: The Brick Testament: The End of the World (and more!)

(...) Please take and keep any discussion of the source material for Brendan's Lego work to the off-topic section of Lugnet. The .build area of Lugnet is for discussing Lego building techniques. Thank you, Clark .build curator (18 years ago, 4-Mar-06, to lugnet.build.ancient)

  Re: The Brick Testament's entirely unnacceptable intellectual dishonesty

Hi, Steve. I've moved this over to off-topic.debate since that seemed more appropriate. (...) I am presenting the story of how Jesus insulted a Canaanite woman. I grant that this can also be seen as part of a larger story about how Jesus exorcised (...) (18 years ago, 4-Mar-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: The Brick Testament's entirely unnacceptable intellectual dishonesty

After continued discussion with others about this matter (not on LUGNET), I've decided to add two more illustrations to the Canaanite Dogs story. I now realize that my original version really makes it appear as though Jesus does not heal the woman, (...) (18 years ago, 4-Mar-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: The Brick Testament's entirely unnacceptable intellectual dishonesty

(...) That's very decent of you. Great work as ever, Brendan! Marc Nelson Jr. (URL) Marc's Creations>> (18 years ago, 4-Mar-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: The Brick Testament: The End of the World (and more!)

(...) You are perhaps the consummate artist in the medium of LEGO. I never fail to find delight in you depictions, despite the fact that I might not quite go along with all your interpretations. I think your book will probably be around until the (...) (18 years ago, 5-Mar-06, to lugnet.build.ancient, FTX)

  Re: The Brick Testament: The End of the World (and more!)

Hi, Tommy. (...) Gosh, thanks. I definitely think there are more impressive builders than me out there, but I guess I take some nice photos and tell a good illustrated story. (...) It pleases me that The Brick Testament has been enjoyed by people (...) (18 years ago, 5-Mar-06, to lugnet.build.ancient, FTX)

  Re: The Brick Testament: The End of the World (and more!)

Hey Brendan, Great to see new installments so soon. Canaanite Dogs - I like the building on the right in the first picture quite a lot. What's the bowl on the left in the second picture, by the way. It's nice to see a little bit of landscaping in (...) (18 years ago, 6-Mar-06, to lugnet.build.ancient, FTX)

  Re: The Brick Testament's entirely unnacceptable intellectual dishonesty

Hey Brendan, I appreciate the fact that you added the final two illustrations to the Canaanite woman story. I think that it was right to do so, as to leave those out seriously misrepresented the story. While your commentary on how everyone selects (...) (18 years ago, 6-Mar-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: The Brick Testament: The End of the World (and more!)

Hi, Bruce. (...) Yeah, it feels good to be back in the swing of things. I hope to start in on the final installment of the Life of Jesus stories soon and keep this momentum going. (...) The dark gray thing? That's the same ball-joint piece I used as (...) (18 years ago, 6-Mar-06, to lugnet.build.ancient, FTX)

  Re: The Brick Testament's entirely unnacceptable intellectual dishonesty

Hi, Bruce. Thanks for the comments on this matter, too. I will probably redo the Acts story as part of my revamp of the New Testament part of the site, and will add the missing panels there as well. I think it's not just that it would be (...) (18 years ago, 7-Mar-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: The Brick Testament's entirely unnacceptable intellectual dishonesty

Just wanted to chime in again and say I appreciate your thoughtful response to my concerns. I also wanted to say I really enjoy your work, even when I don't agree with the commentary and editing decisions. And I look forward to more entries. Thanks, (...) (18 years ago, 13-Mar-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)