 Off-Topic / Debate / 16561
Re: WAY WAY O.T. Blockbuster Rant and a call to arms
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 5 Jun 2002 23:44:00 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Christopher Tracey writes:
Although, I only rented from a blockbuster once(1) in my life, I can
sympathize with your distrust of this corporate entity.  Maybe a better
boycott would be because of that egotistical hamster and his bunny
friend carl and their antics that constantly run through my mind...
stupid advertising gimic....

-c

1- they were the only place in town that had Repo Man (
http://us.imdb.com/Title?0087995 ) and my old advisor told me that he
could explain large chunks of evolutionary theory in parts if that
film....  amazing.

I'm probably one of about a dozen people on the planet that are amused by
those commercials. Initially, I failed to connect the ads to the advertised.
Someone had to point out to me that they were for Blockbuster. I'm
fascinated by the weird gravity those critters exist in.