 Off-Topic / Debate / 16552
    WAY WAY O.T. Blockbuster Rant and a call to arms —Kyle Beatty
   (Please forgive me for taking up your valuable time, but I feel that my comrades in Lego should know what can go on at a large (overly-large perhaps) and ubiquitous retailer.) Blockbuster claims that I failed to return a DVD. They are in error. (...) (22 years ago, 5-Jun-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: WAY WAY O.T. Blockbuster Rant and a call to arms —Bruce Schlickbernd
     I ran into a problem when two Blockbuster stores basically had the same DVD under two different policies - I'll skip the long explanation of the events and policies beyond I talked with the local area manager and he fixed everything in a gracious (...) (22 years ago, 5-Jun-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: WAY WAY O.T. Blockbuster Rant and a call to arms —Maggie Cambron
     In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Kyle Beatty writes: Hi Kyle, I think you sound a bit steamed and should take a bit of time to calm down. If it makes you feel any better though I have been boycotting Blockbuster for years (although for reasons having (...) (22 years ago, 5-Jun-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: WAY WAY O.T. Blockbuster Rant and a call to arms —Christopher Tracey
     (...) Although, I only rented from a blockbuster once(1) in my life, I can sympathize with your distrust of this corporate entity. Maybe a better boycott would be because of that egotistical hamster and his bunny friend carl and their antics that (...) (22 years ago, 5-Jun-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

         Re: WAY WAY O.T. Blockbuster Rant and a call to arms —Kyle Beatty
     (...) I'm probably one of about a dozen people on the planet that are amused by those commercials. Initially, I failed to connect the ads to the advertised. Someone had to point out to me that they were for Blockbuster. I'm fascinated by the weird (...) (22 years ago, 5-Jun-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: WAY WAY O.T. Blockbuster Rant and a call to arms —Kyle Beatty
   Bad form to respond to self but: Blockbuster issue resolved by Higher Power. No, the manager wasn't hit by a bus (although that would be altogether acceptable), my girlfriend paid the store a visit. There were no problems after that. I expect that (...) (22 years ago, 5-Jun-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)