 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 1333
Re: Shifty sets: brown beards!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Wed, 26 Jun 2002 04:08:58 GMT

Well, to my mind the HP sets had a similar problem with the bearded guy
whose face was misprinted such that even though the minihead will sit • lower
(or correctly), you have to raise it up so that the glasses do not appear • to
be located beneath the beard.  Or is it just my mini?

No, mine are like that too, so I think it's a generic fault.

Isn't lego quality becoming fairly "iffy" also?

Lego is not always perfect, but Shifty is definitely a lot "iffy"-er based
on my actual experiences with it (all reported in this newsgroup).

Anyway, I am going to guess that there is nothing wrong with the Shifty
beard that cannot be solved with a Dremel tool, jeweler's file, or a hobby
knife.

This is probably true. I looked pretty carefully at the beard and couldn't
see exactly where the problem was occurring so it is probably a minute error
that can be fixed. The problem is definitely in the beard and not the head,
as I tried the Shifty beard on a Lego head and shoulders and got the same
problem. However, I am the kind of clumsy person who would most likely cut
off my fingers if I started messing about with a sharp knife, so I leave
such experiments to others!

Kerry