 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 1330
Shifty sets: brown beards!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Tue, 25 Jun 2002 07:05:33 GMT

One of the Shifty sets is a copy of Lego's 1932 Wizard's Cart
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/1736

or so you would think if you saw the box featuring a blue wizard with white
beard pulling a cart.

However, a Shifty set is always a bit of a lucky dip on colours, so it
should have come as no surprise to me to discover that the wizard was mostly
yellow in colour (yucky!), his hat was blue (as it should be) and his long
beard was brown!

According to the peeron database, this beard part only comes in white and
light grey in Lego, so I actually thought it a pleasant surprise to get a
brown beard in the Shifty set (cost $2 or US$1.10). Oh, and you get a silver
wand too.

Kerry