 MediaWatch / 1382
  Re: Lore on Lego vs. Legos

(...) I think you need to read the last paragraph again. :) As for the capitalization issue: that's a very long-standing conflict between marketing/sales/companies and journalists. See: (URL) Which includes the classic summary: "You want all caps? (...) (20 years ago, 2-Feb-04, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Lore on Lego vs. Legos

(...) Does that mean we should henceforth say El You Gee Enn Ee Tee instead of LUGNET? Dave! (not purple, though my prose can be purple when it's red (well, "read"), and my language can be blue) (20 years ago, 2-Feb-04, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Lore on Lego vs. Legos

(...) :) If you want. But I usually write "Lugnet" or "LUGnet". (20 years ago, 2-Feb-04, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Lore on Lego vs. Legos

(...) I'm not sure what pains me more: the fact that this issue seems to come up again and again or the fact that we are now spotlighting 'news' articles from blogs. (...) Which is all well and good except for two things: 1) Many of us around here (...) (20 years ago, 2-Feb-04, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Lore on Lego vs. Legos

(...) It's not just any blog. (...) Sure, I'll *spell* it right. :) (...) Setting it back, because What-Ever. (20 years ago, 3-Feb-04, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general)

  Re: Lore on Lego vs. Legos

(...) I think the correct way is "LUGNet" - because it refers to LEGO Users Group Network. And re: Kleenex and Band-Aids - I dont like those companies. I like TLG - and I try to do what TLG asks me to because I hope they do what I ask them to (good (...) (20 years ago, 3-Feb-04, to lugnet.mediawatch, FTX)

  Re: Lore on Lego vs. Legos

(...) True, but the title page shows LUGNET in all caps. Hmm... Admins, I demand transparency on this pressing issue--why so secretive all of a sudden? 8^) Dave! (20 years ago, 3-Feb-04, to lugnet.mediawatch, FTX)

  Re: Lore on Lego vs. Legos

(...) Then I will sincerely ask.... what kind of blog is it? (...) And then why not just use it the way the company has asked? I honestly don't see why people put up such a fuss over this. When speaking with friends, or just in your own head while (...) (20 years ago, 3-Feb-04, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general)

  Re: Lore on Lego vs. Legos

(...) It's part of what remains of the former Brunching Shuttlecocks, which was one of the funniest humor sites on the web before its recent demise. Probably not coincidentally, today's Book of Ratings (another fragment of said site) also refers to (...) (20 years ago, 3-Feb-04, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general)

  Re: Lore on Lego vs. Legos

I want to know why I visit lugnet.com instead of lug.net. (20 years ago, 4-Feb-04, to lugnet.mediawatch, FTX)