 Local / United States / North Carolina / *999 (-20)
  Re: Cyndi Bradham featured in Raleigh News & Observer

(...) It's pretty interesting how the off-the-cuff things you say are what ends up being printed, while what you perceive as the actual interview does not. But any press is good press, right? C. (17 years ago, 8-Feb-07, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.loc.us.nc)

  Re: Cyndi Bradham featured in Raleigh News & Observer

(...) I use variants of this comment ALL the time:-) (...) No, but being stuck writing about this is:-) Over here in good ol' NC, the News and Observer is a very liberal paper - while that doesn't really mean anything in terms of the bias of this (...) (17 years ago, 7-Feb-07, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.loc.us.nc)

  Re: NCLUG Show / LEGOPalooza at Morehead Planatarium in Chapel Hill

(...) I wish there was 'advance' warning about this event. I mean, I didn't see any post about this event on LUGNET. Such as, a 3 to 5 week in-advance notice about the event. So, I can make travel plans hotel, car, etc. Generally speaking...about (...) (17 years ago, 7-Feb-07, to lugnet.loc.us.nc, lugnet.org.us.nclug)

  Re: Cyndi Bradham featured in Raleigh News & Observer

(...) I love the logic: "What's the bid deal, I mean it could be heroin." I'll have to use that next time I'm justifying a big purchase ;) Nice example of unbiased reporting. He replies to your comment with an "Oohhh-Kaaay." So creating your own (...) (17 years ago, 6-Feb-07, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.loc.us.nc)

  Cyndi Bradham featured in Raleigh News & Observer

Cyndi Bradham and her large Castle layout which was on display this past weekend at LEGO Palooza in Chapel Hill, NC were featured in an article in the Raleigh News and Observer: (URL) Cyndi! Mike (17 years ago, 6-Feb-07, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.loc.us.nc)

  Re: NCLUG Show / LEGOPalooza at Morehead Planatarium in Chapel Hill

(...) A bunch snipped (...) Mike, Thanks! I posted in part out of fun and part out of annoyance. Had I been in the area I would have definitely dropped by. Hey, a planetarium and a LEGO event, my two favorite loves in one. I would have been there. (...) (17 years ago, 5-Feb-07, to lugnet.loc.us.nc, lugnet.org.us.nclug)

"Todd Thuma" <thumat@gactr.uga.edu> wrote in message news:JCzx3n.AJs@lugnet.com... (...) [ ... snipped ... ] (...) Better late than never eh? (...) Absolutely. I think it was simple oversight that this didn't happen. People get busy and things get (...) (17 years ago, 5-Feb-07, to lugnet.loc.us.nc, lugnet.org.us.nclug)

  Re: NCLUG Show / LEGOPalooza at Morehead Planatarium in Chapel Hill

(...) I am a little confused on the tense used in the above paragraph. Since the event happened on the 3rd and 4th and the post was made on the 3rd (same month) should the tense have been past tense? Instead, the tense implied the event was (...) (17 years ago, 5-Feb-07, to lugnet.loc.us.nc, lugnet.org.us.nclug)

  Re: NCLUG Show / LEGOPalooza at Morehead Planatarium in Chapel Hill

(...) I am a little confused on the tense used in the above paragraph. Since the event happened on the 3rd and 4th and the post was made on the 3rd (same month) should the tense have been past tense? Instead, the tense implied the event was (...) (17 years ago, 5-Feb-07, to lugnet.loc.us.nc, lugnet.org.us.nclug)

  Event Report: LEGOPalooza, Morrhead Plaetarium, Chapel Hill, NC

Hi all, as announced previously, NCLUG was the host of LEGOPalooza this weekend at Morehead Planetarium. This year, the event was expanded to 2 days, and was earlier in the year compared to previous paloozas. This time, we had a Star Wars display (...) (17 years ago, 5-Feb-07, to lugnet.loc.us.nc, lugnet.org.us.nclug, lugnet.trains.org.ncltc, lugnet.general, lugnet.events, lugnet.robotics, FTX)

  NCLUG Show / LEGOPalooza at Morehead Planatarium in Chapel Hill

On February 3rd and 4th NCLUG in cooperation with the Morehead Planatarium at the University of North Carlina Chapel Hill hosts LEGO Palooza. The 3rd LEGO Palooza expands to a 2 day event running from 12-4 both Saturday and Sunday. This year the (...) (17 years ago, 3-Feb-07, to lugnet.loc.us.nc, lugnet.org.us.nclug, lugnet.trains.org.ncltc, lugnet.announce)

  Re: What has become of NCLTC?

"Jordan Schwarz" <jbschwarz@ThisIsRea...gmail.com> wrote in message news:J7Ao4L.CEx@lugnet.com... (...) NCLTC is still alive and well although not very active. With GATS falling apart there isn't a regular train show coming to Raleigh any more. The (...) (18 years ago, 18-Oct-06, to lugnet.loc.us.nc, lugnet.org.us.nclug, lugnet.trains.org.ncltc)

  What has become of NCLTC?

Hi all, I've noticed a lack of activity regarding the NC LEGO Train Club and wanted to find out whether it still meets and if not, whether there are individuals interested in restarting the club. I should add that, one goal of my query is to (...) (18 years ago, 17-Oct-06, to lugnet.loc.us.nc, FTX)

  AHHRR! NCLUG does a Pirate Display...

Hi all, (URL) bandanna by Sabrina Gravatt NCLUG just opened its display at the Raleigh Grande Theater for "Pirates of the Caribbean" - and it was a blast to do! Here's some pics: (URL) Treasure Cove by John Riley (URL) Black Sea Barracuda by Mike (...) (18 years ago, 8-Jul-06, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.announce, lugnet.loc.us.nc, lugnet.general, FTX) !!

  LEGOPalooza Display at Morehead Planetarium, Chapel Hill, NC April 1

NCLUG had its second LEGO event at Morehead Planetarium at the University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, April 1. The club had four dedicated display areas: (URL) a moonbase with modules from members Carin Proctor, Sam Cox, Adam Skelding, David (...) (18 years ago, 4-Apr-06, to lugnet.events, lugnet.space, lugnet.announce, lugnet.loc.us.nc, FTX) !!

  LEGO Gortons' Fisherman, coming to a supermarket near you

Hi, everybody! For the past 3 months, I've been working with folks from (URL) Seafood> on a sculpture of the Gortons' Fisherman (as seen in (URL) logo>.) Alone, he's not such a big model -- but I was asked to build EIGHT of them! (3 URLs) See photos (...) (18 years ago, 15-Feb-06, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.loc.us.nc.cha, lugnet.loc.us.pa, lugnet.loc.us.in.ind, lugnet.loc.us.il.chi, lugnet.loc.us.tx.ant, FTX) !!

  Exploring the Universe Display at the National Air and Space Museum, April 16th

Hi all, WAMALUG and NCLUG were asked to display at the National Air and Space Museum in Washington, DC for Universe Day, which fell on Saturday April 16th. Members from both WAMALUG and NCLUG brought in Moonbase modules, (URL) spacecraft (URL) (...) (19 years ago, 19-Apr-05, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.org.us.nclug, lugnet.org.us.wamalug, lugnet.loc.us.va, lugnet.loc.us.nc, FTX) !

  LEGO®Palooza...or I got by with a little help from my friends

Hi all, In January, the North Carolina LEGO Users Group was asked to provide displays for the first LEGOPalooza at Morehead Planetarium, in Chapel Hill, NC, February 26. As Administrator for NCLUG, I decided to make a call from some friends in other (...) (19 years ago, 28-Feb-05, to lugnet.events, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.loc.us.nc, lugnet.org.us.nclug, lugnet.space, lugnet.org.us.delvalug, lugnet.org.us.wamalug, FTX) !!

  LEGO menorah to be constructed for Hanukkah

For those in the Charlotte, NC area, I found this in yesterdays Charlotte Observer: Charlotte's first giant Lego Menorah will be constructed Tuesday (Dec.7), the first night of Hanukkah, in SouthPark mall near the fountain. The building begins at 4 (...) (19 years ago, 3-Dec-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.us.nc, lugnet.loc.us.nc.cha, lugnet.loc.us.sc)

  NCLUG Meeting 9/26

The September NCLUG will be at the Eva Perry Library in Apex, NC. For more details see: (URL) Mike Walsh - mike_walsh at mindspring.com (URL) - North Carolina LEGO Train Club (URL) - Carolina Train Builders (URL) - CTB/Brick Depot (20 years ago, 22-Sep-04, to lugnet.loc.us.nc)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact