Re: NCLUG Show / LEGOPalooza at Morehead Planatarium in Chapel Hill
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.nc, lugnet.org.us.nclug
Date:
Mon, 5 Feb 2007 15:16:35 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.nc, Mike Walsh wrote:
On February 3rd and 4th NCLUG in cooperation with the Morehead Planatarium
at the University of North Carlina Chapel Hill hosts LEGO Palooza.  The 3rd
LEGO Palooza expands to a 2 day event running from 12-4 both Saturday and
Sunday.  This year the display exhibits expand from Space themed to all
themes.  Al particular interest are large Castle, Star Wars and Town
layouts.  NCLTC will have a small train layout on display.  There is also a
large collection of bricks for kids and adults to build with.

For more information and directions, visit the Morehead Planatarium web
site:

http://www.moreheadplanetarium.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=news_item&id=371

Admission is free.

I am a little confused on the tense used in the above paragraph. Since the event
happened on the 3rd and 4th and the post was made on the 3rd (same month) should
the tense have been past tense? Instead, the tense implied the event was
happening in the future. While I fundamentally agree that a post made at 11:00
AM GMT (7 AM EST) is in the future of an event starting at 12 PM EST (4 PM GMT).

Too bad this was not made a week or more ago, when the notice to the community
might have generated some participation and/or visitation.

The link supplied by the way dates their post Jan 11th, 2007. Would that have
been too early to post to LUGNET? My apologies if I missed a previous post on
this event.

I am standing by for the POST event wrap-up. I would dearly like to see pictures
of the layout and MOCs. Many of these events are my inspiration to build and be
creative, if only to copy what others have done (hahahahaha).

Respectfully,

Todd