 Local / United States / Kentucky / * (-20)
Subject:
HoB 2006, one month away
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.houseofbricks, lugnet.announce, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.in, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.loc.us.oh, lugnet.loc.us.mo, lugnet.loc.us.ia, lugnet.loc.us.ky
Date:
Mon, 10 Apr 2006 19:40:19 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

This is a friendly reminder that Chicago House of Bricks is rapidly approaching. Come join us May 12-14 in Downer’s Grove, Illinois! Please be sure to register soon if you plan to attend.

Visit our website for more information.

We hope to see you there!

Subject:
House of Bricks, 2006!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.houseofbricks, lugnet.announce, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.in, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.loc.us.oh, lugnet.loc.us.mo, lugnet.loc.us.ia, lugnet.loc.us.ky
Date:
Fri, 10 Mar 2006 01:02:11 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Chicago House of Bricks will once again be held in conjunction with To Be Continued! A fine cut of LEGO will be served with savory science-fiction, buttered fantasy, and field-fresh gaming. But the ‘piece de resistance’ will be the fun camaraderie had by all. Come join us May 12-14 in Downer’s Grove, Illinois!

2BeCONtinued brings together fans from all domains. Last years attendees mingled with celebrities, comedians, pirates, artists, and more. This year looks to be just as exciting. Though HoB is held in conjunction with a science fiction convention, all themes are invited to attend (the train layout was a crowd favorite last year).

Visit our website for more information.

We hope to see you there!

Subject:
House of Bricks (May 12 -14, 2006) is Coming Up!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.houseofbricks, lugnet.announce, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.in, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.loc.us.oh, lugnet.loc.us.mo, lugnet.loc.us.ia, lugnet.loc.us.ky
Date:
Mon, 20 Feb 2006 04:38:15 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

I’m very happy to announce that registration for Chicago House of Bricks at To Be CONtinued 5: Legends is now online. Prices and information for registration can be accessed here.

Registration is not exclusive to House of Bricks and will allow attendees access to all areas of the convention. To Be CONtinued 5: Legends is being held at the Doubletree Guest Suites and Conference Center in Downers Grove, which can be seen here. For Dealer information, please click on the Dealers link on the sidebar.

What’s really neat is that the Guest of Honor of this convention is Weta Workshop, the effects facility that was responsible for the visual effects to all of the Lord of the Rings movies and King Kong.

Currently, plans are for a Great Ball Contraption and sci-fi models. Attendees are encouraged to bring models that tie into the movies mentioned above, as there is a nice SPACE to fill!

If you have questions or comments, please post them to lugnet.events.houseofbricks, as others may have similar questions. Questions can also be sent to HoB@2BeCONtinued.com which will forward to me as well as other members of the ToBeCONtinued staff. Please refer to the following list of event coordinators for any specific question.

Joe Meno
Chicago House of Bricks Coordinator

Subject:
Plans for next meeting.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ky
Date:
Sun, 21 Oct 2001 19:16:48 GMT

Anyone ready to make plans for the next meeting?  I thought we could toss
out the subject since some people missed the last one.  Plus, there could be
others interested you have not spoken up yet.

Re: Meeting report?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ky
Date:
Wed, 10 Oct 2001 01:36:42 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.ky, Ben Roller writes:
Hey Guys, how was the meeting this past weekend?  I wasn't able to make it
and meant to post one way or another when I found out, but forgot.

So, how was it?  What did ya guys do?

Ben Roller

The meeting was fun.  We talked about Legos, and did some trading.  I took
the large castle I'm working on and a tape with my city and other mocs on
it.  I was able to see Scott and Lindsay's collection.  Hopefully you and
Scott will be able to attend the next meeting.

Subject:
Meeting report?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ky
Date:
Tue, 9 Oct 2001 15:15:15 GMT

Hey Guys, how was the meeting this past weekend?  I wasn't able to make it
and meant to post one way or another when I found out, but forgot.

So, how was it?  What did ya guys do?

Ben Roller

Re: Saturday
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ky
Date:
Mon, 8 Oct 2001 01:44:16 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.ky, K. Scott Walker, Jr. writes:
Hey guys,

Sunday at 2:00 will be fine.  If you make it here earlier, we'll be here.
We're going to go through our stuff tonight and pull out what we would like
to trade.  After hearing what Jason has to bring, I have a feeling we might
have less.  Hopefully, we have some stuff that you would want...remember,
we're only collectors for three years so we might not have as big a pile. : )

Have a safe trip and look forward to seeing you.

Scott And Lindsay

We missed you at the meeting Scott (Thomas).  Hope you are okay.  We still
had a good time, but it would have been nice if you made it.  Hopefully, you
can make the next meeting.

Re: Saturday
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ky
Date:
Sat, 6 Oct 2001 23:35:57 GMT

Hey guys,

Sunday at 2:00 will be fine.  If you make it here earlier, we'll be here.
We're going to go through our stuff tonight and pull out what we would like
to trade.  After hearing what Jason has to bring, I have a feeling we might
have less.  Hopefully, we have some stuff that you would want...remember,
we're only collectors for three years so we might not have as big a pile. : )

Have a safe trip and look forward to seeing you.

Scott And Lindsay

Re: Saturday
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ky
Date:
Sat, 6 Oct 2001 13:26:37 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.ky, Scott E. Thomas writes:
In lugnet.loc.us.ky, Jason Grant writes:
<snip>
Either is fine with me, with enough notice.  I think we have to stick with
Sunday now though.  Looks like Scott (other one) won't be back until Sat
afternoon.  We do need to decide on a time though.

Agreed.  It's about a 3-4 hour drive for me, and since Lexington's in the
Eastern time zone, I'll lose an hour coming up there.  I was thinking about
leaving here at 9 A.M., so that should put me in there around 2 P.M.

How's this sounding?

Scott
Member 718

That will work for me.  I'm sure we'll get there a little before or after
since we've never gone there before.  I'm bringing all my loose Legos
(pieces that aren't any structures yet).  So that is about ten large tubs,
so we can trade.  I'm also bringing the castle and windmill.  The castle is
large (size of a card table) so there isn't any room left for the the rest
of the stuff (city, artic, pirate).  So I filmed it with a video camera and
took alot of pics.  So I guess we'll plan on being there around 2pm.  See
you there.

Re: Saturday
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ky
Date:
Sat, 6 Oct 2001 06:09:03 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.ky, Jason Grant writes:
<snip>
Either is fine with me, with enough notice.  I think we have to stick with
Sunday now though.  Looks like Scott (other one) won't be back until Sat
afternoon.  We do need to decide on a time though.

Agreed.  It's about a 3-4 hour drive for me, and since Lexington's in the
Eastern time zone, I'll lose an hour coming up there.  I was thinking about
leaving here at 9 A.M., so that should put me in there around 2 P.M.

How's this sounding?

Scott
Member 718

Re: Saturday
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ky
Date:
Fri, 5 Oct 2001 21:04:17 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.ky, Scott E. Thomas writes:
Hey all,

I finally found out that I have Saturday off.  Sorry about it taking so long.

So, shall we just keep this happening Sunday?

Scott
Member 718

Either is fine with me, with enough notice.  I think we have to stick with
Sunday now though.  Looks like Scott (other one) won't be back until Sat
afternoon.  We do need to decide on a time though.

Re: Saturday
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ky
Date:
Fri, 5 Oct 2001 06:19:36 GMT

Hey all,

I finally found out that I have Saturday off.  Sorry about it taking so long.

So, shall we just keep this happening Sunday?

Scott
Member 718

In lugnet.loc.us.ky, Jason Grant writes:
In lugnet.loc.us.ky, K. Scott Walker, Jr. writes:
In lugnet.loc.us.ky, Jason Grant writes:

If you all want to move the meeting to this Sunday or next Saturday, they
would both work for me.  However, next Sunday is out.

Glad to hear that you have stuff to trade Scott (Thomas).

I'm going to videotape my town so it will have more close-up shots than pics
will.  If I have room, I'll bring some of it.

I'll wait to hear from everyone to see if we have to change days.

Jason and Scott,

Since it appears that Saturday might not be good for Scott, we've decided that
we should shift the meeting to Sunday.  I hope this works for you both since
you mentioned it in the earlier messages.

Directions will be sent to you tonight. I promise.

Scott

That works for me.  I could use Saturday to some work done.

Re: Saturday
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ky
Date:
Thu, 4 Oct 2001 21:16:50 GMT

[...]

Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ky
Date:
Thu, 4 Oct 2001 19:56:17 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.ky, Jason Grant writes:

If you all want to move the meeting to this Sunday or next Saturday, they
would both work for me.  However, next Sunday is out.

Glad to hear that you have stuff to trade Scott (Thomas).

I'm going to videotape my town so it will have more close-up shots than pics
will.  If I have room, I'll bring some of it.

I'll wait to hear from everyone to see if we have to change days.

Jason and Scott,

Since it appears that Saturday might not be good for Scott, we've decided that
we should shift the meeting to Sunday.  I hope this works for you both since
you mentioned it in the earlier messages.

Directions will be sent to you tonight. I promise.

Scott

Re: Saturday
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ky
Date:
Thu, 4 Oct 2001 12:13:44 GMT

If you all want to move the meeting to this Sunday or next Saturday, they
would both work for me.  However, next Sunday is out.

Glad to hear that you have stuff to trade Scott (Thomas).

I'm going to videotape my town so it will have more close-up shots than pics
will.  If I have room, I'll bring some of it.

I'll wait to hear from everyone to see if we have to change days.

Re: Saturday
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ky
Date:
Thu, 4 Oct 2001 09:01:20 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.ky, Jason Grant writes:

<snip>

I plan on coming this weekend.  However, if Scott can't make it I think we
should reschedule the meeting.  I'd like to some trading so if everyone
wants to do that I'll bring most of the bricks and etc. that aren't built
into anything.

I'm going to try to bring the large castle I've built.  I think I'll have to
just video the city because it would be too hard to move and transport.

Just let me know what we are doing and times.

Hey Jason,

I forgot to post this in my previous reply, but I have several sets MISB and
pieces to trade.  I plan on bringing all that I have on hand. :)

Scott
Member 718

Re: Saturday
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ky
Date:
Thu, 4 Oct 2001 08:58:17 GMT

Hey all,

I still don't know about Saturday.  They said if we make our numbers before
Saturday, we'll have it off.  This is most likely not going to happen. :\

If you want to reschedule, I'll be available Sunday or the weekend after the
one coming up.  I'll for sure know today, and I'll post it Friday morning as
soon as I get home. :)

Scott
Member 718

In lugnet.loc.us.ky, Jason Grant writes:
In lugnet.loc.us.ky, K. Scott Walker, Jr. writes:
Hello!

I was just letting you know that we are still here and still planning on
having you guys up this weekend.  I will write directions to our place
tomorrow night.  Sorry I haven't sent them sooner but school again has kept
us busy.  Let me know if you have any other questions about the weekend.

Look forward to hearing from you,

Scott

I plan on coming this weekend.  However, if Scott can't make it I think we
should reschedule the meeting.  I'd like to some trading so if everyone
wants to do that I'll bring most of the bricks and etc. that aren't built
into anything.

I'm going to try to bring the large castle I've built.  I think I'll have to
just video the city because it would be too hard to move and transport.

Just let me know what we are doing and times.

Re: Saturday
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ky
Date:
Thu, 4 Oct 2001 00:41:10 GMT

[...]

Subject:
Saturday
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ky
Date:
Wed, 3 Oct 2001 02:29:54 GMT

Hello!

I was just letting you know that we are still here and still planning on
having you guys up this weekend.  I will write directions to our place
tomorrow night.  Sorry I haven't sent them sooner but school again has kept
us busy.  Let me know if you have any other questions about the weekend.

Look forward to hearing from you,

Scott

Re: Announcing the first KYLUG meeting
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ky
Date:
Mon, 24 Sep 2001 11:33:42 GMT

Jason,

I'll definitely know by the 4th, but not likely any sooner than that. :/ Not
much of a notice, but hopefully we'll get caught up before that weekend.
That is, if we don't keep running out of wires.  :)

Scott
Member 718

Hey!  We're still planning on having you over as long as you can make it.
Keep us informed if plans change.  I will send directions to you later this
week on how to get to our house.

Scott

Redisplay Messages:  Brief | Compact