 Local / Canada / Ontario / 176
175  |  177
Subject:
Looking for Ontario LEGO builders (WAS: The Hobby Show 2003)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.ca.on, lugnet.general, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 11 Apr 2003 02:40:19 GMT

In lugnet.announce, Allan Bedford writes:
The Hobby Show 2003 - Toronto, Ontario Canada

For those interested... (and I hope that will be a number of you!) I am
beginning the process of organizing a LEGO builders booth for The Hobby Show
this year in Toronto.  (Nov. 7, 8, 9 / 2003)

Hello again everyone,

Just a follow-up to last week's posting.  It may have been a bit long for a
first announcement, so I'll try again..... only with some brevity this time.  :)

November of this year will mark the first time that LEGO has been a featured
display at The Hobby Show in Toronto, Ontario.  I'm hoping that we can get
many of you out to display some of your great LEGO models.  This is a show
which annually draws more than 25,000 people... all of whom are anxious to
discover new (and old) hobbies and to learn more about them.  This is your
chance to represent the LEGO hobby in a big way!

Here's link to some further information I've posted regarding this event.

http://www.apotome.com/hobbyshow/index.html  (1)

All that I'm asking right now is that you take a look at that info and/or
the posting to which I'm replying with this message.  I don't need much at
the moment, just an idea of who might like to take advantage of this
opportunity to show off your skills!  If you even suspect you might be
interested, can you please take a moment in the next few days to email me at:

HobbyShow@apotome.com
(include the words 'Hobby Show' in the email subject line)

I'm not trying to pressure anyone, but rather we need to get some idea of
the amount of table space we need to ask for from the Hobby Show organizers.
I'd like to have this number as soon as possible, so I'm really hoping to
hear from some of you, to know what kind of space you'd need to display your
work.

rtlToronto folks:  Can I please include you in this request?  I would like
to have as complete a list as possible... again including what kind of
square footage you'd like to utilize.

Thanks in advance to everyone who is considering attending this event.  I
think it will be a different type of gathering for LEGO fans in this area.
I'm really hoping that you'll consider coming out if only for one or two of
the three days.  Of course, if you're there all weekend you get to spend
more time with me.  ;)

Thanks everyone!

All the best,
Allan B.
(1) As you'll see, I really need some help finding a name for this group.
Please see the link for more details.  :)