 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 6293
Re: LEGO Factory/P.A.B. Pricing Study
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Tue, 7 Apr 2009 01:30:04 GMT

In lugnet.lego, David Gregory wrote:

The 2X2 tiles and 2X3 plates seem to have reasonable prices.
Everything else is insane.¬ ¬

Wow. I was wondering if this was across-the-board bad, so I checked out the
aspect I've used, Technic. I don't have the "old" prices squirreled away, but
from memory the price of studded beams hasn't changed much (although the types
have changed some - for instance, they no longer offer 14L). But the pins!
Almost all of them are $0.25 a *piece*, which is much more expensive than I
remember... about 8x Bricklink prices.

I've done a couple of significant orders from S@H PaB previously: mostly for
mass quantities of certain elements, but I would then add a bunch of other
things "because I was there" and the prices weren't too far above Bricklink. In
short, impulse buying, or "one stop shopping".

Not at these prices. I wonder what happened.

--
Brian Davis