 LEGO Company / 3843
  LEGO Factory / PaB Pricing Study

You've probably noticed that the LEGO online Pick-A-Brick / LEGO Factory palette has recently been updated with new parts - and new prices. As an avid user of the LEGO Factory system, I was curious just how much the prices had gone up by. I created (...) (15 years ago, 6-Apr-09, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad.ldd, lugnet.lego.direct, FTX) !

  Re: LEGO Factory / PaB Pricing Study

(...) Hi Jordan, Thanks for this information. I noticed it today also after a message from one of the French FreeLUG people about those ridiculous high prices. I found the previous (European) prices already on the high side, but now its as you (...) (15 years ago, 6-Apr-09, to lugnet.lego, FTX)

  Re: LEGO Factory/P.A.B. Pricing Study

The 2X2 tiles and 2X3 plates seem to have reasonable prices. Everything else is insane. David (15 years ago, 7-Apr-09, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.market.shopping, FTX)

  Re: LEGO Factory/P.A.B. Pricing Study

(...) Wow. I was wondering if this was across-the-board bad, so I checked out the aspect I've used, Technic. I don't have the "old" prices squirreled away, but from memory the price of studded beams hasn't changed much (although the types have (...) (15 years ago, 7-Apr-09, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: LEGO Factory / PaB Pricing Study

I have also noticed the higher prices from the online Pick-a-Brick. I wonder how often and how thoroughly that the calculations that go into these prices are looked over by management. With such a high volume of parts that the machines that make (...) (15 years ago, 7-Apr-09, to lugnet.lego)

  Re: LEGO Factory / PaB Pricing Study

(...) There are a couple elements that I've been meaning to purchase for a few projects. They used to be 11cents, now they're 34cents. Since I'd need to purchase several hundred of each that is a big difference. I guess I won't be starting those (...) (15 years ago, 7-Apr-09, to lugnet.lego, FTX)

  Re: LEGO Factory / PaB Pricing Study

(...) To me, the answer is that TLG should be charging "cost plus" on PAB (i.e. their cost to produce the part plus some amount). However, that then means the price changes every time they do a new run of the part where the new run cost them more or (...) (15 years ago, 7-Apr-09, to lugnet.lego)

  Re: LEGO Factory / PaB Pricing Study

(...) -snip- (...) 55 cents a piece? That's what market dominance lets them do: Big Ben's Bricks, BrickArms and Brickforge could never get away with charging that much per piece. Or could they? Richie Dulin CO Legeaux Please consider FUT if replying (15 years ago, 8-Apr-09, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: LEGO Factory / PaB Pricing Study

(...) I just received the following communication from Jan Beyer of the LEGO Community Team. He says that PaB prices should be adjusted soon, perhaps later today. Dear LEGO fans, Based on all the feedback over the past week regarding our new Pick A (...) (15 years ago, 8-Apr-09, to lugnet.lego, FTX)

  Re: LEGO Factory / PaB Pricing Study

Now if Ldraw and Bricklink developers would get together this whole issue would be moot. (15 years ago, 9-Apr-09, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: LEGO Factory / PaB Pricing Study

In lugnet.lego, Jordan Schwarz wrote: -snip- (...) I believe that this is one of the biggest downfalls in the LEGO(R) Company's organizational structure which is the lack of representation here in the US. Denmark has always had a stronghold over the (...) (15 years ago, 9-Apr-09, to lugnet.lego, FTX)

  Re: LEGO Factory / PaB Pricing Study

(...) Huh. Ironicly,my experience (limited though it is) is just the opposite. I'm involved in some associations where the complaint is the other way around: that LEGO panders to the US market (a large one to be sure) but doesn't pay nearly as close (...) (15 years ago, 9-Apr-09, to lugnet.lego)

  Re: LEGO Factory / PaB Pricing Study

(...) Not sure if I'm reading your meaning exactly here, but: 1. Many parts are not available on Bricklink in the quantities required - you end up having to buy from multiple stores, which ends up being just as pricey, especially for people not in (...) (15 years ago, 11-Apr-09, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: LEGO Factory / PaB Pricing Study

(...) I think that the "Please consider FUT if replying" was missed further back in this thread, as the current discussion doesn't seem o-t.clone-brands related. But I could be wrong. Richie Dulin CO Legeaux FUT now to .lego only, but that might not (...) (15 years ago, 13-Apr-09, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: LEGO Factory / PaB Pricing Study

(...) I think that the "Please consider FUT if replying" was missed further back in this thread, as the current discussion doesn't seem o-t.clone-brands related. But I could be wrong. Richie Dulin CO Legeaux FUT now to .lego only, but that might not (...) (15 years ago, 13-Apr-09, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: LEGO Factory / PaB Pricing Study

(...) :sorry: Now to .lego only. Richie Dulin CO Legeaux (15 years ago, 13-Apr-09, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)