 LEGO Company / 3853
Re: LEGO Factory / PaB Pricing Study
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego
Date:
Thu, 9 Apr 2009 13:04:54 GMT

In lugnet.lego, Jordan Schwarz wrote: -snip-
   http://mocpages.com/moc.php/109368

-- Jordan Schwarz

I believe that this is one of the biggest downfalls in the LEGO(R) Company’s organizational structure which is the lack of representation here in the US. Denmark has always had a stronghold over the US operations in such a way that the US has not been able to determine what works best for LEGO(R) in the US. For more than 50 years this has been an extreme detriment to the LEGO(R) Company, NOT ONLY in their operations here (displayed through their closing of the old samsonite location in Colorado, plus their distribution center in Enfield as well as probably other offices) however as well in their relationship with US LEGO(R) enthusiasts and customers. I have ALWAYS been discouraged by the fact that LEGO(R) US hasn’t had more involvement and participation in the LEGO(R) Company and even though they are a Danish based company, they DO have an important presence and marketplace here in the US as well as designers, stores, a theme park as well as other important offices held here in the US, the need to get their offices here in order so that when concerns are raised here in the US, they can be addressed here in the US. That is the dilemma of being a multi-national company. They have always tried to run a multi-national company from a uni-national perspective. While they have been successful in running their company we have seen over the past years a lot of mistakes have been made and clearly if they have had to close several facilities they are in need of a restructure here in the US.

Just my thoughts. Anyone with similar company knowledge have any thoughts?

Sincerely,