 LEGO Company / 3848
Re: LEGO Factory / PaB Pricing Study
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego
Date:
Tue, 7 Apr 2009 15:11:18 GMT

I'm sure that all of us (TLG included) would see more sales with prices that
were set more accurately, or just more often, so the sticker shock isn't as bad.
To me, the answer is that TLG should be charging "cost plus" on PAB (i.e.
their cost to produce the part plus some amount). However, that then means
the price changes every time they do a new run of the part where the new
run cost them more or less than the last one (be it because the price of
plastic/oil changed, the exchange rate is different or whatever else)