 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 4856
Re: Legends Vote winner - Announcement tomorrow!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Tue, 9 Jul 2002 17:58:47 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, James Brown writes:
In lugnet.lego.direct, Jake McKee writes:
Well, the time has finally come... well almost. After tallying the votes and
checking them twice (yes, for some I will indeed look like Santa), we are
ready to announce the winner of the LEGO Legends Vote!

Check http://www.LEGO.com tomorrow for the official announcement!

And for those impatient folks(1) out there, here's the direct link:

http://www.lego.com/build/features/legendvote/default.asp

thanks,

James

1: Not that we have any of THOSE around here.... ;)

This is interesting announcement....thanks James Brown.

It makes for an interesting issue.  You have Lego Direct issueing out
a fantastic set...that will appeal to a wide spectrum of fans of all
theme groups.

It means that A) the Red Beard Runner is slated for discontinueation...
because of direct competition and B) that means that they'll probably be
a glut (excess) of Red Beard Runners so eventually you'll be able to get them
at discount....

looks like a Win-Win situation for the Lego Community.
I can't wait for some of the other sets to come out from this list, with
exception to the space selection.  I am not against the Space Theme, but
wish that they would have chosen a better model to go against the others.

Its interesting that the Yellow Castle got more votes than the
Black Falcon Fortress, which surprises me because of the overall color of
the set...in a bland yellow.  Plus, the increased amount of cost
surpasses the value of 14 (yes!! 14 minifigs).  They key to this set, I
think is that the helms and visors will be the modern ones and not the
original ones.

Just my initial thoughts.

Benjamin Medinets

either continue to sell the Red Beard Runner or mostly likely LEGO will
discontinue it.

I highly