 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 3991
Re: New bulk discount
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Sat, 5 Jan 2002 17:04:40 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Eric Brouwer writes:
In lugnet.lego.direct, Mark Chan writes:
I just tried this and it didn't work for me. My catalog code was "J111". Did
you use a different one?

I think you guys are missing what's printed on the page in the catalogue.
In mine at least it says the discount is on packs bought from pages 30-31 in
the catalogue.  NOT on any and all packs you want.  Could that be the problem?

Eric

I tried only ordering from Pages 30-31, and it didn't work either.  I tried
online, and with two different phone reps. The second rep suggested I call
customer service at 1-800-835-4386 when they opened.

I did have a happy ending. I called Customer Service this morning and they
were able to place my 50 pack order through with discounts, and without any
problems. I guess it's so new that it hasn't trickled down properly to all
their channels.

BTW, in Brad Justus' note to LUGNET from Lego Direct, he said that the
discount would apply to "all" bulk packs including through the online
channel - so IMO anything in the online "bulk bricks" category is fair game
for the discounts.

Thanks for your help, and thanks to Lego Direct for the new discount policy.

Mark