 LEGO Company / 3151
Re: Final Official Statement - Maersk Second Run
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego
Date:
Thu, 27 Jan 2005 12:53:33 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.lego, Burkhard Schloemer wrote:

To me it also proves that our DOC (Department Of Complainers) here at Lugnet
(and especially the Germans) couldn't have been that wrong on the issue. Let me
tell all you counter-complainers straight away:

WE WERE RIGHT.

I'm not sure that's necessarily a valid conclusion. Another possible conclusion
is that you were wrong, but LEGO is such a good company at heart that they
apologised anyway in the interests of peace and harmony.

Re: Final Official Statement - Maersk Second Run
In lugnet.lego, Burkhard Schloemer wrote:

To me it also proves that our DOC (Department Of Complainers) here at Lugnet
(and especially the Germans) couldn't have been that wrong on the issue. Let me
tell all you counter-complainers straight away:

WE WERE RIGHT.

I'm not sure that's necessarily a valid conclusion. Another possible conclusion
is that you were wrong, but LEGO is such a good company at heart that they
apologised anyway in the interests of peace and harmony.

Larry's statement would be my personal take of the situation, given all the
observable facts, and without knowing exactly what happened behind boardroom
doors.

Dave K
-not that I want this to escalate into a debate.

Re: Final Official Statement - Maersk Second Run
In lugnet.lego, Burkhard Schloemer wrote:
WE WERE RIGHT.

I'm not sure that's necessarily a valid conclusion. Another possible conclusion
is that you were wrong, but LEGO is such a good company at heart that they
apologised anyway in the interests of peace and harmony.

Weisst Du, warum der Teufel seine Grossmutter erschlagen hat? Weil ihr keine
Ausreden mehr eingefallen sind.

;-)

Leg Godt,
René

Re: Final Official Statement - Maersk Second Run
Weisst Du, warum der Teufel seine Grossmutter erschlagen hat? Weil ihr keine Ausreden mehr eingefallen sind.

Google Translation: Do you know, why the devil killed his grandmother? Because you broke in no more excuses.

I know something must have gotten lost in the translation, but I still find this funny even though I don’t have a clue what it means.

jt

Re: Final Official Statement - Maersk Second Run
   I know something must have gotten lost in the translation, but I still find this funny even though I don’t have a clue what it means.

jt

It also means we could as well debate in German about such issues. Larry “Goodheart” P. and David “I’ll buy two!” K. will never run out of lame excuses. ;)

Re: Final Official Statement - Maersk Second Run
   Weisst Du, warum der Teufel seine Grossmutter erschlagen hat? Weil ihr keine Ausreden mehr eingefallen sind.

Google Translation: Do you know, why the devil killed his grandmother? Because you broke in no more excuses.

I know something must have gotten lost in the translation, but I still find this funny even though I don’t have a clue what it means.

jt

Translation is:

“Do you know why Old Nick killed his grandma? Because she’s at a loss for excuses”

It’s a saying in German, but I’m just kidding in this case :-)

Leg Godt! René

Re: Final Official Statement - Maersk Second Run
In lugnet.lego, Burkhard Schloemer wrote:
In lugnet.lego, James Trobaugh wrote:
I know something must have gotten lost in the translation, but I still find
this funny even though I don't have a clue what it means.

jt

It also means we could as well debate in German about such issues. Larry
"Goodheart" P. and David "I'll buy two!" K. will never run out of lame
excuses. ;)

Larry gets the cool 'Goodheart' nickname whilst I get 'I'll buy two'?

I want a cool nickname!

Dave "The Yellow Dart" K
-that's gotta be at least +5 or +10 right there...

Re: Final Official Statement - Maersk Second Run
Larry gets the cool 'Goodheart' nickname whilst I get 'I'll buy two'?

I want a cool nickname!

Actually Larry is really unhappy about his "cool nickname". He's complaining to
me via email. Sigh. You guys really are tough customers. But that's the way with
complainers - they're sooo hard to satisfy ... :P

Re: Final Official Statement - Maersk Second Run