 General / 54247
Re: Weren't we all expecting this??
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 19 Oct 2007 10:27:56 GMT

In lugnet.general, Brian Pilati wrote:
   In someways I knew this would happen and I have been expecting this day.

Hopefully, it means the downfall of MegaBloks forever!

Now, now, let’s not be too hasty. Remember, competition is GOOD; it keeps TLG on their toes.

On a different note, I saw this quotation in the article and it made me wonder:

“Lead is sometimes added to plastics to give them yellow or red color, Mr. Mays said.”

Now, the discontinued colors of dark gray, gray, and brown were “warm”; that is, they contained yellow and/or red in their pigment. The replacement colors are markedly cooler, presumably without as much yellow/red (if any). Could this change reflect a lead concern? Possibly. And if that were the case, I could see why TLG wouldn’t necessarily want to come clean as to their rationale for switching.

Just a thought.

JOHN