 General / 54246
  Weren't we all expecting this??

In someways I knew this would happen and I have been expecting this day. Hopefully, it means the downfall of MegaBloks forever! (URL) (17 years ago, 19-Oct-07, to lugnet.general, lugnet.announce, lugnet.org.us.ulug)

  Re: Weren't we all expecting this??

(...) Now, now, let's not be too hasty. Remember, competition is GOOD; it keeps TLG on their toes. On a different note, I saw this quotation in the article and it made me wonder: "Lead is sometimes added to plastics to give them yellow or red color, (...) (17 years ago, 19-Oct-07, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Weren't we all expecting this??

(...) Thanks for the link--product safety is of great concern to fans of the brand, especially those of us who have small children! I think that this part is relevant: Health Canada, a government department, said that the preliminary results of (...) (17 years ago, 19-Oct-07, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Weren't we all expecting this??

(...) Don't get too overjoyed. Since Lego does not make the bricks, never did make the plastic, who know were it is made. China comes to mind. And if it is like other toys and cat and dog food we may see more on this, Hopefully Lego has been (...) (17 years ago, 19-Oct-07, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Weren't we all expecting this??

(...) In any event, have you nonetheless preemptively separated your kids from the clones, Dave!? From the road where the rubber meets, JOHN (17 years ago, 19-Oct-07, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Weren't we all expecting this??

(...) Maybe neither the governmental standards or Mega Bloks are at fault but rather the "non-profit" magazine which stated that ; "When the results were returned by a lab, which Mr. Clerk said he could not identify because of a confidentiality (...) (17 years ago, 19-Oct-07, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Weren't we all expecting this??

(...) As it turns out, we own very few of the maxi-scale Mega Bloks--probably under two dozen of them--and only one or two of those are yellow. My younger doesn't yet care at all for interlocking blocks, and my older is into the mega-scale Mega (...) (17 years ago, 19-Oct-07, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Weren't we all expecting this??

(...) Excellent points, Tommy! The need for transparency in a situation like this is great, especially when the burden of proof is upon the party making the accusation. In this case, the magazine must support its claim in a verifiable way. Instead, (...) (17 years ago, 19-Oct-07, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Weren't we all expecting this??

Keep in mind, what the magazine asserted was that there was lead in the yellow maxi block, not that lead could be passed on to a child swallowing it. Hydrochloric acid (stomache) is not sulfuric acid. The magazine went on to recommend the product as (...) (17 years ago, 19-Oct-07, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Weren't we all expecting this??

(...) You mean to say I'm stockpiling lead saturated toys?! ; ) God Bless, Nathan (17 years ago, 20-Oct-07, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Weren't we all expecting this??

(...) I'm not sayin'; I'm just sayin'. Know what I'm sayin'? 0:-) JOHN (17 years ago, 20-Oct-07, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Weren't we all expecting this??

(...) Actually, that is an interesting article about a controversial article. The test that the magazine had done involved scratching off the plastic, heating plastic in a solution of nitric acid (this is a typical way a lab tests for lead in paint (...) (17 years ago, 21-Oct-07, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Weren't we all expecting this??

(...) John: Yes, various heavy metals are commonly used in the plastics industry as colorants. Heavy metal pigments tend to provide very bright, vivid colors and are usually more heat stable than other organic pigments. The bright/bold colors are (...) (17 years ago, 22-Oct-07, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Weren't we all expecting this??

(...) Look out! It's the Yellow Peril! (17 years ago, 22-Oct-07, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Weren't we all expecting this??

(...) I would think that there are a lot of dead cats and dogs that agree with you. Bet Mattel is "looking out." John P (17 years ago, 22-Oct-07, to lugnet.general)