 General / 5233
  Re: take a piece, leave a piece -- traveling box of LEGO

(...) This sounds like an excellent idea. A couple more suggestions: 1) You might want to limit the number of pieces that could be exchanged per person (say 10-20 at most, I don't know)... and encourage people to input a variety of pieces rather (...) (25 years ago, 5-Jul-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: take a piece, leave a piece -- traveling box of LEGO

(...) How about in order to keep the box from going to blue 1x1's, people have to put in what they take out, like if they take out a purple 1x19 plate, they have to put in another type of plate, and if they take a Timmy, they have to put in another (...) (25 years ago, 5-Jul-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: take a piece, leave a piece -- traveling box of LEGO

(...) Yeah, that's a great way of wording it! That's perfectly in line with the idea behind it -- to keep a good fun mix going, so it doesn't get so boring that it peters out. (...) Someone and his child in California already called "first dibs" -- (...) (25 years ago, 5-Jul-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: take a piece, leave a piece -- traveling box of LEGO

In lugnet.general, Todd Lehman writes: <cool idea> Ditto's to the various 'count me in's! Heck, I could bounce it around my basement and catch 6 different people's collections! <grin>(1) James (URL) This is what happens when you're the only maniac (...) (25 years ago, 5-Jul-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: take a piece, leave a piece -- traveling box of LEGO

Greg Majewski wrote (...) i don't want, and getting space engine pieces back out of the box wouldn't help if I wanted plates. Maybe a more general rule like just try to keep a good fun mix going would be appropriate. Patricia Schempp (...) (25 years ago, 5-Jul-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: take a piece, leave a piece -- traveling box of LEGO

(...) engine pieces (...) help if (...) fun mix (...) I have to agree with Greg on this one. I have an odd collection of castle and space pieces that are no interest to me which I would gladly swap for any town parts. While some parts of no value (...) (25 years ago, 5-Jul-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: take a piece, leave a piece -- traveling box of LEGO

Hey, could you make this exciting for those of us without a warehouse full of bricks to contribute? (Each and every one of my bricks is a treasure in its own special way, and I'm unwilling to part with any of them right now.) So how about having (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jul-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: take a piece, leave a piece -- traveling box of LEGO

Mike Walsh wrote (...) I would call "fun". Patricia Schempp (25 years ago, 6-Jul-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: take a piece, leave a piece -- traveling box of LEGO

On Mon, 5 Jul 1999 19:59:42 GMT, Patricia Schempp uttered the following profundities... (...) A webpage or newsgroup log, to perhaps keep it honest. I'd put in a silver brick so that someone in Europe who might not have had a chance for one would. (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jul-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: take a piece, leave a piece -- traveling box of LEGO

(...) I don't know, if I had a boatload of boat plates, I might play with making a hull from them (one could also slightly change the lines of a boat by alternating between boat bow bricks and plates). Also 1x10 or longer and 2x8 or longer are (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jul-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: take a piece, leave a piece -- traveling box of LEGO

(...) Hey how about those of us who identifiy with a warehouse?! Count me in! I'm now working on my 3rd 20 pound box of mish-mash miscellaneous parts that I'll never use. Can I cheat and load up the box going out? I know I've got some stuff other (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jul-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: take a piece, leave a piece -- traveling box of LEGO

(...) Cheater cheater, he put too much neat stuff in! Cheat all you want in this way Gary... Of course you could always start a box or two yourself, or be one of the points where the box splits. I think I've come up with a good place to put my (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jul-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: take a piece, leave a piece -- traveling box of LEGO

(...) i aggree that rare colors such as green,brown,light blue,orange of basic bricks etc be allowed (25 years ago, 6-Jul-99, to lugnet.general)

Richard Dee wrote in message ... (...) What if the box was occassionally "hand carried" to Europe by one of the LUGNET faithful that is going across. It could be "delivered" to a primary contact who would then pick up the responsibility to The (...) (25 years ago, 7-Jul-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: take a piece, leave a piece -- traveling box of LEGO

(...) Hehe, I'd DRIVE to Michigan to get the box after you. :) I too would love to try this out. I too have a BUNCH of unwanted pieces, from tires and windshields to minifigs and accessories. Rob +---...---+ | Rob Farver - rfarver@rcn.com | | (URL) (...) (25 years ago, 9-Jul-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: take a piece, leave a piece -- traveling box of LEGO

(...) Not terribly expensive, but it can get comparitively expensive within some countries, where cost of living is higher. The US-Europe-US hand-off is a good idea, though. (...) (25 years ago, 10-Jul-99, to lugnet.general)

Richard Dee wrote in message ... (...) primary (...) could (...) is (...) If we can get this project off the ground I will volunteer to courier it to Europe on it's first journey. I will be going back to Stockholm again at the end of August. Right (...) (25 years ago, 11-Jul-99, to lugnet.general)