 General / 5244
Re: take a piece, leave a piece -- traveling box of LEGO
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 5 Jul 1999 17:12:47 GMT

In lugnet.general, Patricia Schempp writes:
Greg Majewski wrote
How about in order to keep the box from going to blue 1x1's, people
have to put in what they take out, like if they take out a purple
1x19 plate, they have to put in another type of plate, and if they
take a Timmy, they have to put in another minifig, or a 1x1 finned
Space engine, another engine piece must go in, etc..

I think that might defeat the purpose of the box.  I might have space
engine pieces i don't want, and getting space engine pieces back out
of the box wouldn't help if I wanted plates.  Maybe a more general rule
like just try to keep a good fun mix going would be appropriate.

Yeah, that's a great way of wording it!  That's perfectly in line with the
idea behind it -- to keep a good fun mix going, so it doesn't get so boring
that it peters out.

Patricia Schempp
pschemp@clemson.edu
(Hey, there are three dedicated lego nuts here at clemson, (we're all
friends) so can we have the box first?)
(If not oh well, can't hurt tryin' !  *grin*)

Someone and his child in California already called "first dibs" -- but
there's really no reason there has to only be one box going around.

--Todd