 General / 52153
Re: Peladofigphobia
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 10 Dec 2005 00:35:26 GMT

In lugnet.general, Christopher Masi wrote:
   James Stacey wrote:
   In lugnet.general, Felix Greco wrote:

  • Do you find the appearance of a minifig with no hat, hair, or helmet to be unsettling?
  • Do you find your minifigs to be incomplete without something covering that top stud?
  • When veiwing the creations of others, do you find the appearance of a minifig with an exposed stud on its head an indication of a poor builder?
If you answered yes to any of the above questions, then you are a peladofigphobiac. You may wonder, what is a peladofigphobiac? Observe...

peladophobia- fear of bald people
fig- contraction of the term minifigure for the AFOL, a yummy treat to the muggles

peladofigphobia- fear (or loathing) of minifigs with an exposed stud on thier head.

My name is Felix Greco, and I’m a peladofigphobiac.

I used to and I still do if its a yellow fig head (or #shudder# pink head) However when the fig is clearly wearing headcoverings due to the printing such as this little fellah then its all ok

Eek, but then you can see inside his head to where his brains should be! While bald solid-studded minifig heads are bad enough, those poor souls who lost their brains through the holes in the tops of their heads are pitiable.

Chris

   -- James Stacey www.minifig.co.uk

No, they’re not brainless, they’re hippies. Although it’s true that they have no noses from which to scoop the brains out...

What concerns me is the significance of the solid-stud heads. Are these older figs all Amida Buddhas? Or have they visited the “corrective phrenologist”?