 General / 51240
Re: First Ever Juniorized Lego Part?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 13 Jul 2005 05:31:24 GMT

In lugnet.general, Arne Lykke Nielsen wrote:
In lugnet.general, David Shifflett wrote:
Oh yes you do need the larger bricks and plates.
You could never get good structural integrity out of only small
plates or bricks.
I have built many of the 'sculpture' sets Lego offers
and they need the larger plates to hold the smaller ones
firmly in place.

dave

So, I guess you would say that a brick like "Plate 2x2 corner"
http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/2420
is not juniorized, as even if it could be made out of 1x1 and 2x1 plates it
would not keep the structural strenght
whereas its bigger and older counterpart "4x4 L brick"
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/217_2
is juniorized, as this can be made out of other bricks without losing the
structural strenght?
Arne, Copenhagen

I guess I don't really know what juniorized means.
If it means creating a single part that could be made by
combining other current parts,
Then yes both of the parts you mentioned would be considered
juniorized (assuming the component parts existed
before the corner parts)

I also say that these parts are necessary for structural integrity,
especially the Plate 2x2 corner,
I just built a 3724 Dragon, which uses about 50 of these plates,
and about 150 Brick 2x2 corner.

dave