 General / 51208
Re: First Ever Juniorized Lego Part?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 9 Jul 2005 16:52:09 GMT

Gary Istok wrote:
I was wondering about what was actually the first ever occurrance of
Lego "Juniorization"?

http://peeron.com/inv/parts/824

It seems to me this part is impossible to build of other parts unless you
add one layer of plate?

My vote for 'first juniorization' would be
http://peeron.com/inv/parts/x1042b 'Brick 4 x 2 Round Half Circle with Stud
Notches'. It could easily be replaced by two quarter circle ones :-)

Or http://peeron.com/inv/parts/712 'Wing 4 x 8 Curved Left' ? It could have
been built by one ordinary 4x4 and one 4x4 with rounded corner, thereby
eliminating the need for 713 (the right counterpart).

All I'm actually trying to say is that the border between 'useful part' and
'juniorized part' is not so easily defined. It depends on in what context
the part is going to be used.

As for ordinary bricks and plates, one could argue that you don't *need*
much more than 1x1 and 2x1 plates. The rest could be built out of that...

--
Anders Isaksson, Sweden
BlockCAD:  http://web.telia.com/~u16122508/proglego.htm