 General / 51220
Re: First Ever Juniorized Lego Part?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 12 Jul 2005 06:28:23 GMT

In lugnet.general, David Shifflett wrote:
Oh yes you do need the larger bricks and plates.
You could never get good structural integrity out of only small
plates or bricks.
I have built many of the 'sculpture' sets Lego offers
and they need the larger plates to hold the smaller ones
firmly in place.

dave

So, I guess you would say that a brick like "Plate 2x2 corner"
http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/2420
is not juniorized, as even if it could be made out of 1x1 and 2x1 plates it
would not keep the structural strenght
whereas its bigger and older counterpart "4x4 L brick"
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/217_2
is juniorized, as this can be made out of other bricks without losing the
structural strenght?
Arne, Copenhagen