 General / 51207
51206  |  51208
Subject:
First Ever Juniorized Lego Part?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 9 Jul 2005 16:19:19 GMT

I was wondering about what was actually the first ever occurrance of Lego
"Juniorization"?  That is not an easy question to answer, since it is partly a
matter of interpretation, but this part from 1966 gets my vote...

http://peeron.com/inv/parts/824

It is the "4x8 Train Base With Wheel Holder" (with a 1x2 plate attached) wheel
holder for trains.  Anybody found anything else that old???

I would think that in order for something to qualify for "Juniorization", it
would have to have made of the separate parts first.  (You cannot say that 1:87
model cars/trucks are juniorized, when there wasn't something that preceded it
as separate parts first.)

Gary Istok