 General / 51207
  First Ever Juniorized Lego Part?

I was wondering about what was actually the first ever occurrance of Lego "Juniorization"? That is not an easy question to answer, since it is partly a matter of interpretation, but this part from 1966 gets my vote... (URL) is the "4x8 Train Base (...) (19 years ago, 9-Jul-05, to lugnet.general)

  Re: First Ever Juniorized Lego Part?

(...) add one layer of plate? My vote for 'first juniorization' would be (URL) 'Brick 4 x 2 Round Half Circle with Stud Notches'. It could easily be replaced by two quarter circle ones :-) Or (URL) 'Wing 4 x 8 Curved Left' ? It could have been built (...) (19 years ago, 9-Jul-05, to lugnet.general)

  Re: First Ever Juniorized Lego Part?

(...) I think the term "Juniorization" implies changes in a model's parts for assistance in assembly due to a lack of manual dexterity in the builder. Elements being juniorized by the LEGO Company seemed to occur when children who were too young to (...) (19 years ago, 9-Jul-05, to lugnet.general)

  Re: First Ever Juniorized Lego Part?

(...) I agree with Anders, what parts were you thinking about that were 'juniorized' to make this part. (...) Slight problem here Anders, the 4x4 with rounded corner didn't exist until 40 years after the Wing 4x8 Wow 40 years, that's a really long (...) (19 years ago, 12-Jul-05, to lugnet.general)

  Re: First Ever Juniorized Lego Part?

(...) So, I guess you would say that a brick like "Plate 2x2 corner" (URL) not juniorized, as even if it could be made out of 1x1 and 2x1 plates it would not keep the structural strenght whereas its bigger and older counterpart "4x4 L brick" (URL) (...) (19 years ago, 12-Jul-05, to lugnet.general)

  Re: First Ever Juniorized Lego Part?

(...) I don't have that part, and I just looked at it in Peeron. I didn't see the hole in the middle the first time. My bad. (...) I just found out from Phil Traviss that in Britain they made a few of these 4x8 curved plates with the missing notch (...) (19 years ago, 12-Jul-05, to lugnet.general)

"D. Shifflett" <shifflett@redshift.com> wrote in message news:IJI1ux.63s@lugnet.com... (...) Some of the "juniorized" parts are also done for various structural reasons. I'd also point out that the BURP can not be made of other parts. There are (...) (19 years ago, 12-Jul-05, to lugnet.general)

  Re: First Ever Juniorized Lego Part?

(...) I guess I don't really know what juniorized means. If it means creating a single part that could be made by combining other current parts, Then yes both of the parts you mentioned would be considered juniorized (assuming the component parts (...) (19 years ago, 13-Jul-05, to lugnet.general)

  BURP? - Was Re: First Ever Juniorized Lego Part?

(...) My ignorance is showing, what does BURP mean/stand for? dave (19 years ago, 13-Jul-05, to lugnet.general)

  Re: BURP? - Was Re: First Ever Juniorized Lego Part?

(...) Big Ugly Rock Piece. The 4x8x6 semi-rectangular and 4x6x7 trianglish pieces usually in grey to simulate rock (recently showing up a lot in new brown). I actually like them for building cliffs, and in a large cliff, with a small amount of (...) (19 years ago, 13-Jul-05, to lugnet.general)

  BURP, POOP, SPUD - Was Re: First Ever Juniorized Lego Part?

(...) Concerning acronym, check (URL) will find : "BURP: Big Ugly Rock Piece - either of the mountain pieces, appearing usually in grey shades, but also tan, yellow, white and green." curiously "LURP : Little Ugly Rock Piece" ( (URL) is missing. (...) (19 years ago, 13-Jul-05, to lugnet.general)