 General / 50175
Re: Sort-of-poll: Your most common Lego dream?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 17 Feb 2005 01:38:16 GMT

In lugnet.general, Melody Brown wrote:
In lugnet.general, David Simmons wrote:
I just had another of my most common (and most tortuous) Lego dreams last
night.

I walked into my local consignment shop (which supplies me with around 80%
of all the Lego I purchase) and they had a huge selection of old sets that
I'd never seen before!  Huge monorail layouts, pirate ships still in the
box, castles, all dusty but in great shape and at great prices!  I'm so
obsessed with this darned hobby I can even dream up totally convincing
Golden Age box art!  I hate waking up from these!

What's your most common Lego dream?

Dave

Hi Dave,

I dream about LEGO from time to time too, sometimes I wake up and hate it when I
realise it wasn't true :(

The most common LEGO dreams I have are 'I am somewhere in a place I have no idea
in the real world but seem to know in my dream... there is always a bunch of
LEGO that I have never seen before (yes LEGO and not some clone garbo),
sometimes I notice they are new sets and I just drool and freak out over them
(no, my pillow isn't wet when I wake up ;)).  When I see the sets I am usually
thinking that LEGO isn't so bad and that they have some great stuff coming out,
always stuff I have never seen before (I'm quite surprised of how realistic some
dreams can be, everything is there to convince me it's a definate LEGO
product)'.

When I wake up I am so bummed out :(

Mel

Hey! last night I had another LEGO dream! way cool too from what I do
remember... but sadly as the day rolls on, my dream is slipping away from my
memory... but what I do recall is that a team of us were here, in Australia, and
at some LEGO joint... almost like a Legoland but slightly different.  This event
we went to was held in a cinema type place with this lady who was taking care of
us and I remember not liking her much as she kept a close eye on us who were
drooling over the goodie boxes we all had sneak peaks at (they were boxes of
rather cool LEGO parts sitting on our chairs), she told us we can only look at
them and not take them as each LEGO part was expensive and they'd lose money if
we took them (lol), the parts were, to me, awesome! the new two tone trees seen
in belville are cool, but we had autumn trees!!! in red, yellow/gold and orange!
and there were grill tiles that has glitter right through them and heaps thicker
than the current glitter seen in belville bricks today, the colours were awesome
too and there was light/medium trans pink stuff and the colour was amazing (and
probably not possible), it looked like candy!!! there was so much but sadly I
can't think of everything, some of the parts and stuff were for everyone, but
too many to recall from my dream :(

After we watched some film, we then had to put our boxes down and move to the
next room, and thankfully she didn't take too much notice of us moving to the
next room quietly filling our pockets! :O !!! I remember asking for some posters
for my sons room since they had some rather cool ones rolled up... and while she
went to search we showed each other what we scored! lol... ooops! I mean that
was bad!... ;)

Then I woke up! waaaaaaaaaaa!

Mel ;) 'I didn't do it!!!'