 General / 49544
Re: Sort-of-poll: Your most common Lego dream?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 11 Nov 2004 07:16:51 GMT

In lugnet.general, David Simmons wrote:
   I just had another of my most common (and most tortuous) Lego dreams last night.

I walked into my local consignment shop (which supplies me with around 80% of all the Lego I purchase) and they had a huge selection of old sets that I’d never seen before! Huge monorail layouts, pirate ships still in the box, castles, all dusty but in great shape and at great prices! I’m so obsessed with this darned hobby I can even dream up totally convincing Golden Age box art! I hate waking up from these!

What’s your most common Lego dream?

Dave

Weird - my recurring LEGO dream is very similar. I am in a Toys R Us (old-style with long aisles), and I find a bunch of 80s-era sets (in the yellow boxes) that never existed. Large Forestmen and Black Falcons sets are the most common “finds”. Usually, there are also some small, non-existent Town sets as well.

Sometimes the sets are all at full retail, and sometimes they are marked down with little orange stickers on them. I have never dreamt about an actual LEGO set, only imagined ones.

Marc Nelson Jr.