 General / 49676
Re: I Just Don't See It
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 26 Nov 2004 22:37:46 GMT

In lugnet.general, Thomas Stangl wrote:
I bought 5 5230 Explore tubs from Boscov's.  They are supposed to have 10 orange or
med yellow orange 2x2 duplo bricks in them.

One tub had 10 all the same color.

The other 4 tubs ALL had 8 "light orange" and 2 "orange".

I encountered one of these tubs at a CVS store today and picked it up. All the
'orange' 2x2s and 2x4s are the color that BL calls 'Medium Orange'. A few other
parts in this color were found in the recent Walgreens boxes.

What was worse was when I put the 2 "orange" from those tubs in a stack, there were
at least 2 distinct shades.  I really don't know which is the "real" orange and
which is not.

QC on those tubs SUCKED.  I have no problem with them all being orange even if the
label shows med yellow orange.  I have a problem with 2 shades when the tub sticker
shows one.

I decided not to inventory the tub for BL because the colors were off too much - the
green bricks were sorta "bright green", definitely not "green" (WAY lighter than the
green from a different Explore tub).  But it was the orange that killed any chance
of inventorying it.

The greens in this tub match to a 4x10 plate that I have from 7128 Speeder
Bikes. BL calls this color 'Bright Green'

I often stack bricks from tubs to save room (compacting 70 tubs when you don't even
have room for 10-20 is kinda necessary).  When I stack them, the dark grey and grey
almost always have variations.  Yellow sometimes does too.

Interesting parts selection. Duplo plates, 45-deg 2x2 slopes, and eye bricks :)

Ray